Women's Lacrosse - 2020 Fall Ball | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse 2020 Fall Ball

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

4. SYRACUSE

2020 record: 7-1

Last seen: Toppling ACC foe Virginia Tech 18-8 in the Crown Lacrosse Classic.

Initial forecast: We’ll never know just how good the 2020 Syracuse team could’ve been, as we were robbed of the chance to watch the Orange play consensus top team North Carolina. Big wins against Northwestern and Maryland were nice bouncebacks after falling to Stony Brook, though. Seeing how close they were to an NCAA title run in 2020, an array of student-athletes are back for fifth years — attackers Emily Hawryschuk and Morgan Alexander, midfielders Vanessa Costantino, Cara Quimby and Bella Recchion, defenders Lila Nazarian, Ella Simkins, Kerry Defliese and Morgan Widner and goalkeeper Asa Goldstock. This is one of the most talented teams Gary Gait has had in several years, making a title run very much in the cards.

Sad news for cusewlax fans-- as I, was certainly looking forward to watching her tear it up in the dome this upcoming season.

I hope she is able to finish out her studies at Syracuse and remain around her teammates-- but either way, Orange Nation will always consider her part of the family and hope she gets better soon.

IMG_1219.jpg

Was going to mention something about this awhile back... but decided against saying anything until I just seen the numbers. Cusewlax needs to step their social media presence up big time. Whoever is in charge of the accounts (or lack-there-of) needs to be revoked, because the PR is awful. The PR/social media presence/engangement is everything and could help us when it comes to recruiting.

Here are some ideas that would be nice to see in the coming weeks:
  • A Day in the Life of a Cusewlax student athlete
  • Hand over the account to different players on the team for Q/A's
  • Getting to know/introducing the freshman class with fun facts about them
  • More videos from practice/scrimmages
  • Get someone from Newhouse to make hype videos for the upcoming season-- like they do on the mens side
Please and thank you. :cool:

Emily Hawryschuk (Syracuse) was a force through eight games, scoring 39 goals with seven assists for a Cuse team that finished No. 5 in the Nike / US Lacrosse Magazine Division I Women’s Top 20.

A top lockdown defender, Sarah Cooper (Syracuse) was a key cog for the top defense in the nation, a unit that allowed just 7.0 goals per game through eight contests.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom