LAX Pick'em Week 0-1 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Pick'em Week 0-1

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FJ9wM2qWYAIxdIB

Pick any 4 games.

Wins = 1 point. Ties = 0.5 point.

Winner at the end of the season will end up being Jeremy anyways :D
no way i'm giving you guys a 2 week headstart like usual.

Vermont vs Duke in February and the line is +4? Can I use one game for all three picks just this once?

1st week is usally easy as the lines are sometimes out of whack, not a ton of no brainers this year.

Going against my better judgment on one of these picks and I reserve the right to edit as we get closer:

Rutty -6, they should win this easily if they don't there in major trouble.

Delaware -6.5, NJIT is god awful

Vermont +4, sucker line but history of Duke's early struggles is to much to overcome and Vermont is good and excellent at the X, fear a late cover by Duke here.

Stuck on a few teams for #4. Duke vs ROMO, Hop, Maryland and UVA should all roll
Going with Penn State -6 vs Lafayette, Panthers are real bad.

1st week is usally easy as the lines are sometimes out of whack, not a ton of no brainers this year.

Going against my better judgment on one of these picks and I reserve the right to edit as we get closer:

Rutty -6, they should win this easily if they don't there in major trouble.

Delaware -6.5, NJIT is god awful

Vermont +4, sucker line but history of Duke's early struggles is to much to overcome and Vermont is good and excellent at the X, fear a late cover by Duke here.

Stuck on a few teams for #4. Duke vs ROMO, Hop, Maryland and UVA should all roll
Going with Penn State -6 vs Lafayette, Panthers are real bad.

Chris Jaz says that Draftkings has actual LAX games you can bet on.

But not in NY yet. :(

Chris Jaz says that Draftkings has actual LAX games you can bet on.

But not in NY yet. :(

Yes, I saw it on there national website but they don't have it on their mobile app for NY. I am hopeful that changes by the start of the season but sounds like its unlikely.

Yes, I saw it on there national website but they don't have it on their mobile app for NY. I am hopeful that changes by the start of the season but sounds like its unlikely.
What states can you bet in and why not NY? I don't understand why NCAAM and NCAAF but not lacrosse.

What states can you bet in and why not NY? I don't understand why NCAAM and NCAAF but not lacrosse.

Most sports books don't have Lax. DK does have it but right now for some reason it doesn't show in NY, not sure why to be honest.

Week 2 Feb 4-6 picks

Duke -5.5 v. Robert Morris
Delaware -6.5 v. NJIT
Johns Hopkins -5 v. Jacksonville
Bucknell -3 v. Mercer

No dogs to start the season. I don’t think Duke will have its usual slow start against Bobby Mo who lost its top scorer to graduation. Expecting Delaware and Hopkins to feast on cupcakes. I don’t even know where Mercer is. I know my picks are a little early, but I can’t wait for the start of the season.

Last edited:
Maryland -4
Vermont +4
Jacksonville +5
Delaware -6.5

I will try to keep my picks consistent this year! I only stop when cuse is blowing it and I don't want to think about lacrosse. Surely that won't happen this year right? Right??

DELAWARE -6.5
NAVY -5.5
Merrimack +4
Providence -2.5

These are my combined picks with Shrmdougluvrjr. Trying to keep him interested in games. Anyone want to do a friendly wager? Like a $20 gift card to Dino BBQ or something?

Duke -5.5 over RMU
Del -6.5 over NJIT
Bucknell -3 over Mercer
Penn St -6 over Lafayette

Unless you have action on Mercer-Bellarmine today, your picks don't have to be in for a few days yet.

UVA
Maryland
Rutgers
And the mighty Highlanders of NJIT.

Ohio St -5 over Det. Mercy
Rutgers -6 over LI university
Delaware -6.5 over NJIT
MD -4.5 over High Point

These are some tough spreads - the better team being favored by a lot over weak teams - especially the 1st game of the season

Maryland -4.5 over High Point
Hofstra -4 over Merrimack
Vermont +4 versus Duke (at least I get to root against Duke)
Jacksonville +5 versus Hopkins (at least I get to root against Hopkins)

Duke -5 vs RMU
Air Force +7 vs UVA
Delaware -6.5 over NJIT
Maryland -4.5 over High Point

Maryland -4.5
UVa -7
Duke -4 vs. Vermont
Hofstra -4

Robert Morris +5 vs. Puke
Delaware -6.5 vs. NJIT
High Point +4.5 vs. Twerps
Long Island University +6 vs. Rutgirls