LAX Pick'em: Week 7

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
FrYFbX9X0Aor08g
FrYFbi-WIAMVGV4

13-11 YTD

UMBC +1.5 vs. Bryant
Norte Dame -6 vs. Michigan
Maryland +2 vs. UVA (has the feel of an overtime game)
JHU -5 vs. Navy

11-13 YTD
Michigan +6 vs ND
Penn State -5.5 vs Marquette
Navy +5 vs Hopkins
Maryland +2 vs UVa

Michigan has been playing better lately and is at home, 6 goals seems fairly high. PSU has been playing well, could be a bit of a trap game for them, but they are at home. Navy is at home, a bit of a rivalry game too, spread seems a bit high to me. I'm not really confident in UMd going down to UVa and having success, but I do get the 1-goal games.

3-1 last week, 13-11 YTD

UVA -2 over Maryland - are rumors of UMD injuries true? I had read that Weirman, Murphy and Geppert are dealing with injuries and might be out this game.
Hopkins -5 over Navy
Notre Dame -6 over Michigan
Yale -1.5 over Cornell

3-1 last week, 13-11 YTD

UVA -2 over Maryland - are rumors of UMD injuries true? I had read that Weirman, Murphy and Geppert are dealing with injuries and might be out this game.
Hopkins -5 over Navy
Notre Dame -6 over Michigan
Yale -1.5 over Cornell
witness says wierman, geppert, murphy and trader all were limping during and/or after game was over.
geppert maybe an upper leg injury, had been held out. the other 3 all had played, and weren't knocked out. wierman didn't take the final faceoff, but the game was in hand. i expect the others besides geppert will play, with him being a questionmark until known otherwise.

8-16 ytd

Penn State -5.5 v. Marquette
Notre Dame -6 v. Michigan
Rutgers -3.5 v. UMass
Virginia -2 v. Maryland

15-9 YTD

Rutgers -3.5 vs. UMass
MD +2 vs. UVa
Notre Dame -6 vs. Michigan
UNC +3.5 vs. Duke

10-10 YTD Forgot to get my picks in for Week 6

Penn State - 5.5
Notre Dame -6.0
UVA -2.0
Penn +1.5

7-9 on the year

UVA -2
Denver +1.5
Georgetown -6
Michigan +6

10-14 ytd

UVA -2
Cornell +1.5
Bryant -1.5
Delaware +2

uva - 2
denver + 1.5
njit + 9.5
hpu + 6

- line moving up on the hoos 1/2 point could be problematic. still, to lose has to be a 1 point w or a loss @ home. both teams playing out as expected for me, hoos scoring but not exactly holding down on d, terps not having the same firepower but able to lean on d. interested to see how their new crop of ssdms holds up. ssdms & goalies might separate this game. thinking lasalla holds up this time vs wierman and that will stress umd to get stops over 60 min.

- denver outperforming expectations so far w exception of air force... tosu underperforming. will take pts @ home.

- njit a little friskier this year. comp steps up w vermont, but the highlanders have been scoring some and vermont's offense has been in the tank mostly.

- flip of the coin on a 4th pick this week. rutty, psu, nd look alright but too many pts on road or neutral.
so we'll force g'town to put it together against a decent hpu and take the points.

2-2 last week & 10 and 14 ytd. better pick it up soon or start hoping the leaders miss some weeks with more pressing things to do.

Last edited:
You are right that PSU game is on a neutral field - at Levittown, N.Y.
I think I will still pick them as their offense has been relatively hot.

It will be interesting to see if the UMd-UVa rivalry can start to grow, as they move into their 2nd regular season matchup since UMd left the ACC. One wonders if it will ever get to be as big as it used to be with their being in different leagues now. Of course, the coaches on a whim could just drop the series.

Totally forgot with hoops going on. I’ll take a stab at Sundays games

unc -5.5
Denver +1.5
Hopkins -2

YTD 8-12

13-11 YTD

UMBC +1.5 vs. Bryant
Norte Dame -6 vs. Michigan
Maryland +2 vs. UVA (has the feel of an overtime game)
JHU -5 vs. Navy
2-2 this week, 15-13 overall.

10-10 YTD Forgot to get my picks in for Week 6

Penn State - 5.5
Notre Dame -6.0
UVA -2.0
Penn +1.5
2-2 this week. I should have known Penn State would lose as soon as I picked them.

12 -12 YTD

Apparently a bit of a trap game for PSU after beating 3 top Ivy League teams in a row.
Hopefully, UMd won't suffer that fate next weekend against PSU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom