LAX Tournament Action for May 20-21 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Tournament Action for May 20-21

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
DAGxZcMUMAAtZuB.jpg

Lots of respect for the way Albany has been playing as they are 1 goal underdogs.

How often this season has Syracuse been the team with the biggest spread this season?

If the lines hold true and the four games are one point games, do they really count?

What the heck happened to the Duke D? I feel sorry for Fowler. He is getting peppered.

Withers is a dominant X guy.

Would be a tough matchup.

Duke scares me more though so if we can beat Towson I would like to play Ohio State.
Didn't Peter Coluccini transfer to Ohio State?

It's like Duke forgot how to play lacrosse. We'll see what adjustments they make but it it hard to imagine that the Buckeyes will slow down.

OSU looks faster then Duke in almost every aspect including ball movement, transition, etc. Also helps that Withers is dominating Rowe which is unheard-of

OSU looks faster then Duke in almost every aspect including ball movement, transition, etc. Also helps that Withers is dominating Rowe which is unheard-of
Agree they look more athletic and bigger. Nice d and Withers seems to be working Rowe over at the x. OSU looks really good.

If Duke had played the game the way they played the fourth quarter, they likely would have won.

Two lessons s learned (actually, Orange fans know but lacrosse seems to have forgotten)

1: teams need to play fast. Speed kills and slow down control offense does NOT win big games. Duke did well in transition and with the aggressive offense, too bad for the Blue Devils they only tried that scheme in the fourth.

2: Attack the net. Passing the ball around outside is OK when necessary but doing such as a strategy really lulls the offense I to thinking they are in control but hurts their momentum and intensity.

Old style Syracuse lacrosse is the answer. Slow down is for weaker, slower teams. Play aggressive and attack. Speed kills.

That Ohio State team scares me a bit they
Could be the UNC of 2017! Scary shooters, big team, good Def and a hot goalie!

Last edited:
If Duke had played the game the way they played the fourth quarter, they likely would have won.

Two lessons s learned (actually, Orange fans know but lacrosse seems to have forgotten)

1: teams need to play fast. Speed kills and slow down control offense does NOT win big games. Duke did well in transition and with the aggressive offense, too bad for the Blue Devils they only tried that scheme in the fourth.

2: Attack the net. Passing the ball around outside is OK when necessary but doing such as a strategy really lulls the offense I to thinking they are in control but hurts their momentum and intensity.

Old style Syracuse lacrosse is the answer. Slow down is for weaker, slower teams. Play aggressive and attack. Speed kills.
Great cheap shot at John Tillman.

The 2011 Foxboro game is why we have the shot clock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom