Newark, Del.

(3) BIG TEN/Penn State vs. IVY/Yale
(6) Maryland vs. PATRIOT/Army

Hempstead, N.Y.

(7) Ohio State vs. Villanova
(2) Notre Dame vs. SOUTHERN/Richmond

Last three in: Rutgers, Princeton, Villanova
First three out: North Carolina, Towson, Duke

Just think of the worst possible scenario for Syracuse and there's your bracket. Although this year we've played everyone close so it's hard for them to cherry pick which team will be most likely to beat us in the 2nd round.

Bracketology: UNC Might Not Get Chance to Repeat | US Lacrosse Magazine

Hempstead, N.Y.

(1) Syracuse vs. NORTHEAST/Robert Morris-METRO ATLANTIC/Monmouth
(8) COLONIAL/Hofstra vs. AMERICA EAST/Albany

Newark, Del.

(5) Johns Hopkins vs. Princeton
(4) BIG EAST/Denver vs. Rutgers

Newark, Del.

Hempstead, N.Y.

Hard to see Albany as a 9 seed. At worse they are going to split the Yale?Maryland game and they should run through their conference tourney without an issue. I could see them as a 6 or 7 seed. Should they falter along the way they could be stuck opposite the 6 or 7 seed not a 9 seed.

Great - Assuming we win at home, we'd either get Albany again or Hofstra on their home field.

Wonderful.

Great - Assuming we win at home, we'd either get Albany again or Hofstra on their home field.

Wonderful.

Can't be worse than playing Hopkins in the Annapolis.

Why is Duke currently out? They are getting no respect this year, they are a pretty good team by my estimation. I haven't watched them play a ton but against Syracuse and UNC they impressed me.

Bracketology: UNC Might Not Get Chance to Repeat | US Lacrosse Magazine

Hempstead, N.Y.

(1) Syracuse vs. NORTHEAST/Robert Morris-METRO ATLANTIC/Monmouth
(8) COLONIAL/Hofstra vs. AMERICA EAST/Albany

Newark, Del.

(5) Johns Hopkins vs. Princeton
(4) BIG EAST/Denver vs. Rutgers

Newark, Del.

Hempstead, N.Y.

Albany at #9 is a joke. They're on target to be a #6 or better seed and could wind up in the top5. They sit at 8-1 with their only loss a roadie to Syracuse by 1 goal. Their RPI is #8 with games against Maryland #7, Yale #17 still. Barring collapse they're going to finish no worse than 12-2 and I think they win out. MD game is huge.

No way the Big 10 gets 5 teams in.

duke sits at 8-3 with ND, UVA, Marquette and the ACC. Barring collapse from them they're in. They should finish no worse than 10-5. Buttgers does not get in over them,

It's that parity rising up further and further...a push to get different teams in the tourney.

Albany at #9 is a joke. They're on target to be a #6 or better seed and could wind up in the top5. They sit at 8-1 with their only loss a roadie to Syracuse by 1 goal. Their RPI is #8 with games against Maryland #7, Yale #17 still. Barring collapse they're going to finish no worse than 12-2 and I think they win out. MD game is huge.

No way the Big 10 gets 5 teams in.

Albany gets no respect because of their conference. Same thing happened last year when there only losses were SU and Maryland but they lost in the conf tourney and got bumped down to a 9. If they want a decent seed they need to beat Yale or Maryland and win their conf tourney. If they do that I could see them as a 6 or 7. Probably no way for them to get much higher then a 6 unless they win out and then your looking at probably a 5.

Albany gets no respect because of their conference. Same thing happened last year when there only losses were SU and Maryland but they lost in the conf tourney and got bumped down to a 9. If they want a decent seed they need to beat Yale or Maryland and win their conf tourney. If they do that I could see them as a 6 or 7. Probably no way for them to get much higher then a 6 unless they win out and then your looking at probably a 5.

Agreed but with a current rpi of 8 and scoring a ton (avg 15 gpg) people have noticed. Albany imo will pummel everyone left on their schedule except MD. The UMD game has a lot hype, next Wednesday night at Albany. It's their Super Bowl at this point of the season with their aspirations. They win out and I'm guessing they're looking at a top 5 seed.

Obviously anything can happen, teams get tripped up, but this Albany team seems different in that they're putting their foot on throats.

Agreed but with a current rpi of 8 and scoring a ton (avg 15 gpg) people have noticed. Albany imo will pummel everyone left on their schedule except MD. The UMD game has a lot hype, next Wednesday night at Albany. It's their Super Bowl at this point of the season with their aspirations. They win out and I'm guessing they're looking at a top 5 seed.

Obviously anything can happen, teams get tripped up, but this Albany team seems different in that they're putting their foot on throats.

I don't disagree, I see them as a very good team though I think they are one year head of schedule as I expect them to have the kind of team that could make a run to the champ game next year with so many seniors, a sophomore Ierlan and Nanticoke assuming hes academically eligible. I have them as a 6 or 7 seed right now and the farther away they are from us the better.

While we may think Albany is better than the 8/9 game, the NCAA will seed accordingly to reduce travel expenses in the opening round. The current seeding would be the worst case scenario for Cuse and as the top seed a crying shame. Yes, you have to beat good teams to win a championship but that would be like playing 2 championship games just to make it to Memorial Day

What are the chances they expand the field in the next few years? It would be great to see more games. With the streaming services and all the networks these days it is amazing how many games are on tv. I have watched a bunch of random teams and they all seem quite strong. Going to be a tough field until things loosen up on the numbers for the brackets.

What are the chances they expand the field in the next few years? It would be great to see more games. With the streaming services and all the networks these days it is amazing how many games are on tv. I have watched a bunch of random teams and they all seem quite strong. Going to be a tough field until things loosen up on the numbers for the brackets.

They just expanded to 18 a few years ago (2 play in games)

They cut back to 17 when the ACC lost the AQ.

They just expanded to 18 a few years ago.

I know...i just selfishly want more games :)

Also the more rounds the less likely anyone takes down the 22 consecutive final four streak?

They just expanded to 18 a few years ago (2 play in games)

What OrangeXtreme said, plus for the longest while the NCAA has insisted that there are already too many bids to the D-1 tournament according to some formula they have based on how many schools participate in D-1. (X-number sponsor D-1 teams, therefore the formula says there should be Y-number of total AQ and At-large bids for the tournament.) Apparently the only thing that keeps us at 17 (for the moment) is the desire to have a roughly 50-50 proportion of AQs and At-larges.

I know...i just selfishly want more games :)

Also the more rounds the less likely anyone takes down the 22 consecutive final four streak?
I don't think there would be enough competition to keep expanding. I like where we are now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom