Newark, Del.

(3) Ohio State vs. IVY/Yale
(6) Johns Hopkins vs. America East/Albany

Newark, Del.

(7) Duke vs. Towson
(2) Notre Dame vs. MAAC/Monmouth

Last three in: Penn State, Rutgers, Towson
First three out: Princeton, Villanova, Army
Multi-bid conferences: Big Ten (5), ACC (3), CAA (2)

Syracuse effectively locks up the No. 1 seed with an ACC tournament title this week. Even with a loss, the Orange’s floor is probably no lower than a No. 3 seed so long as it beats Colgate in its regular-season finale. …

Last edited:
I don't see how Rutgers makes the tournament after not making the B1G. They beat Hopkins twice last year and lost in B1G final and didn't make it.

Surprised to see people aren't higher on Duke. I think they deserve better than the 7 seed.

Would hate to be on the same bracket side as Maryland/Denver

I don't see how Rutgers makes the tournament after not making the B1G. They beat Hopkins twice last year and lost in B1G final and didn't make it.

Surprised to see people aren't higher on Duke. I think they deserve better than the 7 seed.

Agree on Rutgers, not sure how they get in with few quality games and less quality wins, on top of no conference tourney. Besides, I don't see the Buckeyes listed (unless they should be #3 v. IVY/Yale).

Re: Duke, I think too many people are buying into the B1G as a lacrosse powerhouse conference. Not sure they would fare so well in the ACC, even against a down UVA. Regardless, The B1G will face a large shakeup with the conference tourney. Not sure the get 3 (or 4 assuming the Buckeyes are to be listed in one of the Denver slots 3/4) of the top seeds, and I really don't think they get a fifth bid.

Agree on Denver/Maryland, but one good point is that one of them will lose and no team will face both, back to back. As much as I am pulling for the Orange, this tourney is wide open, so many teams have the pieces to win it all.

Really hoping to be on the opposite side of the bracket from Maryland and Denver if at all possible. Wouldn't be thrilled to see ND or JHU or Albany in a repeat early on but with such a small tourney field there's a good chance were going to see a rematch probably as early as the quarters if were not the #1 seed. With Maryland losing again recently and SU having the head to head win over ND its hard to see SU falling below the #2 seed even if they lost to UNC unless they somehow lost to Colgate as well.

They current bracket is missing Ohio State as they have Denver listed twice. I am assuming Denver is the 4 seed as they have Rutgers as the opponent and OSU wouldn't play a Conf team in the 1st round. Pretty tough draw for Maryland would be Loyola and then potentially Denver, ouch. If they beat Hopkins on Sat and win the B10 tourney I except they will move way up potential the 2 seed. #1 seed is probably out of reach at this point with 3 losses.

If OSU was the three seed in that bracket your looking at some interesting games With OSU vs Yale and Hopkins vs Albany - would love to see that matchup. Agree about Duke, there being way underseeded. Wonder if they get stuck with a lower then expected seed a la SU last year. Tourney committee might be sending a message about those early season losses.

I think Rutty is done, There best wins are Princeton who has been up and down and Army who just got destroyed by Loyola.

Really hoping to be on the opposite side of the bracket from Maryland and Denver if at all possible. Wouldn't be thrilled to see ND or JHU or Albany in a repeat early on but with such a small tourney field there's a good chance were going to see a rematch probably as early as the quarters if were not the #1 seed. With Maryland losing again recently and SU having the head to head win over ND its hard to see SU falling below the #2 seed even if they lost to UNC unless they somehow lost to Colgate as well.

They current bracket is missing Ohio State as they have Denver listed twice. I am assuming Denver is the 4 seed as they have Rutgers as the opponent and OSU wouldn't play a Conf team in the 1st round. Pretty tough draw for Maryland would be Loyola and then potentially Denver, ouch. If they beat Hopkins on Sat and win the B10 tourney I except they will move way up potential the 2 seed. #1 seed is probably out of reach at this point with 3 losses.

If OSU was the three seed in that bracket your looking at some interesting games With OSU vs Yale and Hopkins vs Albany - would love to see that matchup. Agree about Duke, there being way underseeded. Wonder if they get stuck with a lower then expected seed a la SU last year. Tourney committee might be sending a message about those early season losses.

I think Rutty is done, There best wins are Princeton who has been up and down and Army who just got destroyed by Loyola.
Marr vs. Marr for all the Marr(bles).

If you click on the link and look at the bracket setup, they have OSU as the 3. Whoever wrote the article forgot to correctly copy that to the quoted location bracket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom