Newark, Del.

(3) Notre Dame vs. SOUTHERN/Richmond
(6) Penn State vs. AMERICA EAST/Albany

Hempstead, N.Y.

(7) Johns Hopkins vs. North Carolina
(2) Syracuse vs. IVY/Yale

Last three in: Duke, North Carolina Rutgers
First three out: Hofstra, Army, Villanova
Multi-bid conferences: Big Ten (5), ACC (4)

There’s still a case for Syracuse as the top seed, though it probably needs an early exit from Maryland in the Big Ten tournament. The Orange will not get an RPI boost from playing Colgate this weekend.

Bracketology: ACC, Big Ten Set to Devour At-Large Bids | US Lacrosse Magazine

Newark, Del.

(1) BIG TEN/Maryland vs. NORTHEAST/Hobart-MAAC/Monmouth
(8) Duke vs. CAA/Towson

Hempstead, N.Y.

(5) Ohio State vs. PATRIOT/Loyola
(4) BIG EAST/Denver vs. Rutgers

Newark, Del.

(3) Notre Dame vs. SOUTHERN/Richmond
(6) Penn State vs. AMERICA EAST/Albany

Hempstead, N.Y.

(7) Johns Hopkins vs. North Carolina
(2) Syracuse vs. IVY/Yale

Last three in: Duke, North Carolina Rutgers
First three out: Hofstra, Army, Villanova
Multi-bid conferences: Big Ten (5), ACC (4)

There’s still a case for Syracuse as the top seed, though it probably needs an early exit from Maryland in the Big Ten tournament. The Orange will not get an RPI boost from playing Colgate this weekend.

Syracuse vs Yale as a first round matchup as a 2 seed is freeking brutal. This Yale team does have issues but man talk about a lack of reward for winning the ACC regular season and going 12-2 overall (assuming a W vs Colgate). This unfortunately was my concern if we lost to UNC and Maryland won the B10 as due to the lack of the ACC AQ there is now only one play in game versus 2 and due to the success of the ACC and B10 it was going to push a team way down who normally would have been on the road in the 3-5 seed game. ND doesn't exactly have a picnic in this scenario with Richmond and there #1 ranked defense but Yale in the first round would be rough.

Realize Notre Dame has a decent RPI but 3 seed seems high to me .If MD doesn't win Big Ten tournament Cuse should definitely be a 1.

Why if both Rutgers and Yale could bus to Syracuse would the NCAA fly the last team in to the 4 seed when they could bus to the 2 seed and give the 4 seed the tougher team Yale via bus?

If both Rutgers and Yale have to fly give the 4 seed the tougher game not the 2 seed.

Why if both Rutgers and Yale could bus to Syracuse would the NCAA fly the last team in to the 4 seed when they could bus to the 2 seed and give the 4 seed the tougher team Yale via bus?

If both Rutgers and Yale have to fly give the 4 seed the tougher game not the 2 seed.

Rutgers has a RPI of 12. Yale is 19.

Penn is 20, Brown is 22, Princeton is 24.

Rutgers may be the last team in, but they're still higher ranked than the Ivy Champ.

Rutgers has a RPI of 12. Yale is 19.

Penn is 20, Brown is 22, Princeton is 24.

Rutgers may be the last team in, but they're still higher ranked than the Ivy Champ.
We all know we the RPI can be gamed.
Watching Yale play and Rutgers play I think Yale is tougher.
Rutgers away from home is garbage. Yale has some recent success.

The committee should use common sense which I hear the lacrosse committee doesn't.

We all know we the RPI can be gamed.
Watching Yale play and Rutgers play I think Yale is tougher.
Rutgers away from home is garbage. Yale has some recent success.

The committee should use common sense which I hear the lacrosse committee doesn't.

A lot of good teams, no great teams. Let's wait until the weekend is over and see how it plays out. It will be what it will be. Have to go on a five game winning streak, one game at a time.

i think syracuse fans are collectively the biggest bunch of nancies around.

and i can't wait to see how accurate lax mag is. duke is a last team in? no quite.

and i can't wait to see how accurate lax mag is. duke is a last team in? no quite.

I can't speak for the accuracy of the bracket but a Yale vs Syracuse matchup is certainly possible when you look at what could potentially happen and that would be a very difficult game for a 2 seed matchup. As for Duke that blew a golden opportunity last weekend to solidify a home game in the 1st round of the tourney and move up. There record is good but their computer numbers are iffy. They are certainly in the tourney but are looking at an 8 seed or less most likely.

Let's assume we get the Ivy Champ, and root for Princeton this weekend. ;)

There are 8 at large bids. Duke grabbing the 6th seems reasonable.
idk.gif

Big shake up coming this weekend when both Maryland and Yale do not win their conference tournaments. Cuse will snag the one seed again.

The number 1 seed definitely plays in Delaware? Was hoping SU plays at Hofstra, easy trip on the LIRR from Manhattan to see them.

The number 1 seed definitely plays in Delaware? Was hoping SU plays at Hofstra, easy trip on the LIRR from Manhattan to see them.

Teams play at the closest site.

We'll be at Hofstra regardless.

I can't speak for the accuracy of the bracket but a Yale vs Syracuse matchup is certainly possible when you look at what could potentially happen and that would be a very difficult game for a 2 seed matchup. As for Duke that blew a golden opportunity last weekend to solidify a home game in the 1st round of the tourney and move up. There record is good but their computer numbers are iffy. They are certainly in the tourney but are looking at an 8 seed or less most likely.

Every game is difficult, in season and in the tourney. Every one of these brackets that gets released everyone is like oh my god we have to play team X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom