Class of 2021 - LB Austin Roon (MI) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 LB Austin Roon (MI) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

yes.gif

Love it. I’m assuming there’s no spots left for Henderson, no?

something i noticed in the free article... "They have apartments you can live in as a freshmen that were the nicest I've seen from any college." - From Roon himself

He does a really nice job of knifing through the lines to find the ball carrier. The height of Roon and Matthew, in addition to the LBs on the 2-deep like Linton, Cartin-Arku, etc. will allow them to find the ball carrier behind the LOS and see over some offensive lines. could be useful.

something i noticed in the free article... "They have apartments you can live in as a freshmen that were the nicest I've seen from any college." - From Roon himself
He hasn’t visited or seen any other colleges.
;)

South Campus is definitely a big advantage, especially with the whole team down there. Idk if SU is going forward with the plan to ditch it in some capacity (I’ve been a bit out of the loop), but it’d be a mistake and a real hit to recruiting IMO

he is still a take. Up to him now

From his (Henderson’s) interview with the Syracuse paper:

Henderson said the defensive staff told him he could be the only player SU takes at his position in the 2021 class. That could change based on any additional roster attrition.

I wonder if this matters to him. It has to mean something, he mentioned it. But with Wallace leaving that opens up the extra LB spot obviously. Hopefully he realizes that he’s still number 1 on their board and they needed to fill the extra slot regardless. His tape was fun to watch and I’d be happy to have him become part of La Familia.

Roon looks like a good get as well. LB’s could be a lot of fun to watch soon as well.