Class of 2016 - LB David Reese (MI) Committed to Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB David Reese (MI) Committed to Florida

BIG TIME linebacker. Decommitted from Michigan tonight because he wants the opportunity to enroll early.

Big time hat tip to a certain poster on this board who can step forward and take credit if he so chooses, who brought up Reese yesterday to me as being someone Dino was going to go hard after to try to flip.

6-1, 235 middle linebacker

Offers from Texas, Nebraska, Florida, TCU, Kentucky, Indiana, Louisville, Pitt, among others

Was recruited by Bowling Green right? I like it.

Big time hat tip to a certain poster on this board who can step forward and take credit if he so chooses, who brought up Reese yesterday to me as being someone Dino was going to go hard after to try to flip.

You make me blush. Buckle up though. More names are going to be surfacing soon! Exciting times are ahead!

And yes - I do believe Syracuse has a shot. If he gets on campus - I like our chances.

He's taking an official visit to Texas this weekend. We'll see what happens.

He's taking an official visit to Texas this weekend. We'll see what happens.

That's gonna be tough for him to come out of without a commit. Hate to be pessimistic, but if you've been to Austin, you probably get it. Wish we had the first crack! Especially since he is enrolling in like a month.

That's gonna be tough for him to come out of without a commit. Hate to be pessimistic, but if you've been to Austin, you probably get it. Wish we had the first crack! Especially since he is enrolling in like a month.
LOL. I think he is very familiar with Austin and their Kangaroo population. ;)

The TCU offensive coordinator turned the mighty longhorns down.

LOL. I think he is very familiar with Austin and their Kangaroo population. ;)
Ha...well, not as much as you'd think. I live about 5 hours away from Austin but I've been there multiple times.

The TCU offensive coordinator turned the mighty longhorns down.
That's true. They aren't your fathers Longhorns at the moment. However, they have a great defensive minded head coach, and a legion of fans. They ( & Oklahoma) are basically the sole reason the B12 exists. But if he decides to choose Cuse, I will be ecstatic. Just hate being after Texas and perhaps Florida?

WOW, can you say the second coming of Ray Lewis. He sure fits his nickname, "Reese the Beast". That one guy can really help turn our defense around.

WOW, can you say the second coming of Ray Lewis. He sure fits his nickname, "Reese the Beast". That one guy can really help turn our defense around.

Without the legendary white suit, I hope.

Now here is where I will make a controversial statement: if you are a college kid who can't legally drink I don't think Austin is that different than any other urban campus. The campus is firmly in the middle of the city... and there is a TON of construction going on all over the campus. To make it worse it's hot as anything from July-October, the time that football players spend the most amount of time practicing. There is definitely an allure to being a part of the UT tradition but in my opinion its totally oversold and fading fast. UT thinks they are all that but I just don't see it... Baylor, TCU and AnM have all surpassed UT in status. There's a very real chance that Strong is out after next year if he doesn't fix his offense. Sonny Cumbie turned down the UT OC position and a 3MM/3yr guaranteed contract to become OC at TCU (he was co-coordinator last year but the dude calling plays there looks to be headed to Tulane).
I've lived in Austin for about 5 1/2 years now, and this paragraph is nuts.

But, I'll refrain from boring the board with arguing the particulars of Austin, which I'm quite sure nobody cares about. Instead, I'll just ask this - you said you don't think Austin is that different than any other urban campus. How many major college football programs have a campus "firmly in the middle of the city"? Not many, and THAT, in and of itself, is a selling point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom