Class of 2018 - LB Fa'najae Gotay (FL) Verbal to UMD | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 LB Fa'najae Gotay (FL) Verbal to UMD

Do we need another LB??

df9e779e57b39d80cccf7be31ec7b8c3--oceans-trilogy-oceans-eleven.jpg

isn't it a bit ambiguous what position he's been offered at by Syracuse? On the first page of this thread, the kid says Syracuse was the only school to offer him at RB as opposed to LB. That was several months ago, so perhaps things have changed?

Ward is tired of hearing it about the T-2.

Now, we’re rolling out the LT-11.

All linebackers, all the time!! :p

Just needs to finish up recruiting to his new scheme... ;)

Good point Consig...here's what we have returning - excludes walkons

8, including Whitner, are bad numbers; and 2 kids entering their senior year. I'd say 12 is where you want to be.

Tyrell Richards LB 6-4 212 Fr. Brampton, Ontario, Canada / Clarkson Secondary School
Nadarius Fagan LB 6-1 200 Fr. Goulds, Fla. / Miami Southridge
Kadeem Trotter LB 6-2 200 Fr. Canton, Ohio / McKinley
Andrew Armstrong LB 6-2 226 So. Youngstown, Ohio / Cardinal Mooney
Shyheim Cullen LB 6-0 209 R-So. Lowell, Mass. / Lowell
Troy Henderson LB 5-11 215 R-So. Cleveland, Ohio / St. Edward
Kielan Whitner LB 6-0 202 Jr. Lawrenceville, Ga. / Mountain View
Ryan Guthrie LB 6-2 215 Jr. Cumming, Ga. / West Forsyth

If all holds we are signing Jack Smith, Juan Wallace, Martrevious Allison and Lakiem Williams. I don't know who's projected where on the current roster or with the incoming kids. I think we could take 1 more for sure. Which would give us 12/13 as well as provide adequate depth when Guthrie/Whitner vacate next year.

And if there is a transfer or 2 from the above group, this would assuredly mean we take 1 more.

Coulda sworn bam said shy was bulking to 235

Good point Consig...here's what we have returning - excludes walkons

8, including Whitner, are bad numbers; and 2 kids entering their senior year. I'd say 12 is where you want to be.

Tyrell Richards LB 6-4 212 Fr. Brampton, Ontario, Canada / Clarkson Secondary School
Nadarius Fagan LB 6-1 200 Fr. Goulds, Fla. / Miami Southridge
Kadeem Trotter LB 6-2 200 Fr. Canton, Ohio / McKinley
Andrew Armstrong LB 6-2 226 So. Youngstown, Ohio / Cardinal Mooney
Shyheim Cullen LB 6-0 209 R-So. Lowell, Mass. / Lowell
Troy Henderson LB 5-11 215 R-So. Cleveland, Ohio / St. Edward
Kielan Whitner LB 6-0 202 Jr. Lawrenceville, Ga. / Mountain View
Ryan Guthrie LB 6-2 215 Jr. Cumming, Ga. / West Forsyth

If all holds we are signing Jack Smith, Juan Wallace, Martrevious Allison and Lakiem Williams. I don't know who's projected where on the current roster or with the incoming kids. I think we could take 1 more for sure. Which would give us 12/13 as well as provide adequate depth when Guthrie/Whitner vacate next year.

And if there is a transfer or 2 from the above group, this would assuredly mean we take 1 more.
There is a good possibility, from what I know, that one of those is going to transfer.

Tampa 2 needs a lot of LB's and typically in a wide range of skill/size sets. You want some that can be more like a fast DE and some that can drop back to pass protect. Obviously that's true with any system but more so with the Tampa 2 style.

I think he picks Maryland.(just a hunch)

The Maryland writer predicts him to Maryland while his visit there was on Nov11. Illinois this past weekend and Syracuse the weekend before. Syracuse is recruiting him as an athlete.

Last edited:
Not confident on this one...

Why, did he verbal to someplace else 3 hours ago? :p

Or is it because we've already signed 47 LB's in this class?

My belief is we're 3rd in his top 3.

On the bright side, better than being 12th in hid top 12? Or is it all kind of the same.

If I were a betting man...

60% Maryland
40% Cuse

Unlike other recruits, no pay site stories about his ov's.. Only recently followed a couple Cuse on his Twitter.. (unlike the many , from recent commits) Seems to be trying to spread a very wide net.
Thrilled to have him, just not holding my breath.

good get for them.

always curious when florida/SE kids go play in the big 10 forgoing the chance to return to the home state to play (unless of course it's a bowl game).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom