LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft

This was not all Addazio. BC has historically out-recruited and out-performed SU at OL for decades. We have had some. They have had more.
Didn't look at individual recruits. Here's the last 10 years recruiting rank:

Year: Cuse/BC
2021. 13/8
2020. 10/12
2019. 11/13
2018. 10/14
2017. 11/13
2016. 12/14
2015. 13/14
2014. 11/10
2013. 13/14
2012. 11/14

8 of the last 10 years, our overall class has been slightly higher.

Kids one snap away from starting. Plays a significant amount and leaves. My sense is its not about playing time. Who knows what is or isn't going on. Its a shame as the one saving grace i thought Dino had was buy in from the kids. Last weeks effort if it wasn’t flu related, this kid leaving and Tuckers odd timing on his announcement doesn’t seem like a coincidence to me.

Kids one snap away from starting. Plays a significant amount and leaves. My sense is its not about playing time. Who knows what is or isn't going on. Its a shame as the one saving grace i thought Dino had was buy in from the kids. Last weeks effort if it wasn’t flu related, this kid leaving and Tuckers odd timing on his announcement doesn’t seem like a coincidence to me.

I get that not everyone will agree with everyone and we alll have different points of you, but the self spiraling in this single post is perhaps a cry to stop pretending to know what you think you may or may not know from “insiders.”

Just be a fan. You’ve fallen into a one-person flu conspiracy theorist and you are debating yourself.

Go Orange.

I get that not everyone will agree with everyone and we alll have different points of you, but the self spiraling in this single post is perhaps a cry to stop pretending to know what you think you may or may not know from “insiders.”

Just be a fan. You’ve fallen into a one-person flu conspiracy theorist and you are debating yourself.

Go Orange.
I hope it was the flu.

Didn't look at individual recruits. Here's the last 10 years recruiting rank:

Year: Cuse/BC
2021. 13/8
2020. 10/12
2019. 11/13
2018. 10/14
2017. 11/13
2016. 12/14
2015. 13/14
2014. 11/10
2013. 13/14
2012. 11/14

8 of the last 10 years, our overall class has been slightly higher.
Yup. I was really only referring to their ability to turn out OLmen.

On average, we USUALLY recruit better than BC. They've just done more with it. Especially with their oline, because the Dazzler was good at that.

The blue chips still aren't going to BC/ Cuse. Cine/Truss to Georgia, Zinter Mich, McGhee Oregon, etc...

I guess the more disturbing part, is Addazio did more, with less. 44-44 vs 29-41.
BC definitely has an advantage over us.. better city, better school, and the catholic pipeline, I think one could certainly argue they have a better coach at least from the recruiting standpoint. Personally I am no fan of Hafley but he can really recruit.

I went to a community college as well. Even within the SUNY system not all CC credits transfer. I can only imagine how difficult it is when it’s different regional accreditation.

I’m sure if it’s a recruit the school wants they make the process as easy as possible.

Yup. I was really only referring to their ability to turn out OLmen.
No question there. I think it starts falling off with Hafley. He did manage to keep a couple 4 star olinemen home, though.

Remember it vividly. I was at the LSU Tampa game a few years before that when we dominated them. At 10 years old I figured we would be great forever. People who aren't life long fans of a certain age don't believe how good we really used to be.

It's crushing at this point.
We beat Georgia, LSU, Colorado, Ohio St., Clemson among others in bowl games, beat Michigan in the Big House, destroyed Wisconsin in the Kickoff Classic. Like the Billy Joel song "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant," "we thought the good times would never end..."

He was playing. He was a regular contributor. We are on the verge of making a bowl.
What is he thinking? Is something wrong in the locker room? I'm sorry, but too many quality guys keep quitting this team. This isn't just one season, it's about 3 in a row.

I disagree with this a little. You're right that nowadays guys are going to look to be a starter somewhere, but in most cases that's when they're buried on the depth chart.

White likes to play a lot of guys on defense and Cantin-Arku was getting some playing time despite being #4, not to mention that one injury makes him the starter.

This is a big deal IMO.

He was playing a very significant portion of defensive snaps, IMO. I was always noticing him in practically every game.

I would like them to have a portal dead period like we have for recruiting, maybe Sept-December the portal is closed. At least you could plan on your roster for the season.

Great idea. Teams should stay intact for the entire season. Schools are supposed to honor scholarships for an entire season, regardless of whether the player gets hurt. If the player accepts the offer, they shouldn't be able to "declare" for the portal until the season is over, around the time of the final HS recruit signing period.

I might be remembering incorrectly, but I think he was one of the kids who's tackling was atrocious last Saturday. I wonder if this is the result of getting an ass chewing because Dino was NOT happy and made mention of Tuesday's practice and who's going to show up. So he portals the next day after Tuesday?

Not a good look for either side. Kid is basically a starter, Dino can't lose kids like this but on the other hand Arku has always been a loose cannon and as talented as he is couldn't claim the starting spot.

Too bad.

If you can't take somebody yelling at you without seeing the bigger picture, well, you've got some lessons in life coming your way ...

Some of them are not good enough to play at this level. Only a couple of players who left have proved they can play at this level.

You know, I played sports for a long time, up to my third year of college. I never saw so many players quit the freaking team, just because somebody won the first string job over you, or maybe because you aren't starting yet.

What else are you going to do anyway if you quit the team? Answer: nothing.

In my day, admittedly a long time ago, you played, and you tried, and you eventually got your shot, you got your opportunity. And then it's up to you.

Make yourself indispensable! Whatever happened to WORKING FOR SOMETHING???

I'm getting so sick of these kids. I really, really want to be a fan of the football team, but something is just not working.

You know, I played sports for a long time, up to my third year of college. I never saw so many players quit the freaking team, just because somebody won the first string job over you, or maybe because you aren't starting yet.

In my day, admittedly a long time ago, you played, and you tried, and you eventually got your shot, you got your opportunity. And then it's up to you.

I'm getting so sick of these kids. I really, really want to be a fan of the football team, but something is just not working.
Man o man, amen brother. Great post says one older dude to another, lol, but spot on.

Losing really does take its toll, and even though it is even more acute and widespread now some degree of this me me me approach leaving at the first sign of difficulty has always been going on.

The place I played we went something like 3-24 our first three years, and started with 55 players our first year.

That losing takes it’s toll as I mentioned, coaching changes, with divided fractured locker rooms as a result, more losing, coaches “losing the locker room”, etc. such that the attrition rate of players leaving, quitting was very high.

Well with finally a good coach and assistants brought in to modernize the approach, brought in some good young players able to contribute early on, the combination of that, finally, we got good going 7-1-1 the last year championship type year beating the #2 nationally ranked team the last game.

Here’s the point, by that last year the 55 kids we started with was down to five of us who stuck it out. As we were beating that #2 team, in the stands and along the sidelines were many of those same kids, the ones who didn’t transfer.

Partied with a bunch of them afterward and couldn’t help seeing and feeling, not to mention hearing from some of them at different points, their regrets at not hanging in there. Both Learned lessons carried over to this day.

Can’t imagine there will not be similar regrets by many that have chosen to leave, perhaps not for a championship type season end result but, hopefully, for some good successes that with one injury or quirk of fate they would of been a part of, especially if/when things don’t pan out for them at their landing spot.

We couldn’t even get the backups into a blowout against Louisville. No point in fighting for something that doesn’t happen

It's not just here, it's everywhere. The sheer number of players in the transfer portal now is staggering and I have to imagine this wasn't the intent with providing players more flexibility in movement. It's borderline crazy.