LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft | Syracusefan.com

LB Geoff Cantin-Arku graduated from Memphis/Declaring for NFL Draft

What is our running count of transfers this season?

He's the 4th linebacker and unless Mikel enters the draft the three in front of him aren't going anywhere.

Solid player but this is the reality in 2021. Entering now gives him a couple week headstart on his peers on finding a landing spot.

Sucks but there still hasn't been a transfer that makes me worry. Have to remember the portal goes both ways, too.

He's the 4th linebacker and unless Mikel enters the draft the three in front of him aren't going anywhere.

Solid player but this is the reality in 2021. Entering now gives him a couple week headstart on his peers on finding a landing spot.

Sucks but there still hasn't been a transfer that makes me worry. Have to remember the portal goes both ways, too.

I disagree with this a little. You're right that nowadays guys are going to look to be a starter somewhere, but in most cases that's when they're buried on the depth chart.

White likes to play a lot of guys on defense and Cantin-Arku was getting some playing time despite being #4, not to mention that one injury makes him the starter.

This is a big deal IMO.

This is a direct impact from having a transfer portal. Kids wants make themselves available asap. Thinking it will give them better options. He probably doesnt want to lose a spot he can potentially get. Teams fill up fast.

Certainly not good news, I’m starting to think the portal and the NIL may be the beginning of the end of my fanatical devotion to SU For football and hoops , This just sucks. I don’t believe for a second within the next couple months teams all over are going to lose key players, and it’s the have nots that don’t have depth that will suffer . And the gap will widen.

Coaches don't quit their teams and leave in the middle of the season. They get fired, yes, but they don't just get up and leave because they don't like their situation. I get the desire to level the playing field, but these are immature teenagers and should not be trusted with this much freedom. Let them transfer after the season. But there needs to be some checks and balances before the whole thing blows up in its face.