Class of 2019 - LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 LB Geoffrey Cantin-Arku (QC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

so we've got #1 and #2 in Canada ? I'll take it
I think Pat Davis and Tyrell Richards were both in the Top 10 for 2017. And they're both going to be starting next year - if Richards goes back to LB.

There's not a whole lot of video on this prospect but I think I found a good one that nicely highlights his talent:

Yeah, but Spicoli had a lot to do with his performance at that game.

He is a beast. 6’4” and runs that well. These are the ACC level measurables we need.

Got a 5.7 from rivals. Great camp find.

With the three ranking adjustments and the Kpogba commitment that moved us from #98 to #69 literally overnight. Kpogba also gets an extra 32 points based on his national ranking of #109.

We seem to be solidly in the mix for 3 other rivals four star players right now to - LB Jones, RB Wright and CB Devonshire. 1 visited and look for the other two to visit. 3* LB Octavious (the Roman) is visiting next weekend. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Nunn end up back in the fold to.

Last edited:
With the three ranking adjustments and the Kpogba commitment that moved us from #98 to #69 literally overnight. Kpogba also gets an extra 32 points based on his national ranking of #109.

We seem to be solidly in the mix for 3 other rivals four star players right now to - LB Jones, RB Wright and CB Devonshire. 1 visited and look for the other two to visit. 3* LB Octavious (the Roman) is visiting next weekend. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Nunn end up back in the fold to.

69?

Nice. :cool:

I guess our coaching staff knows how to recruit, after all.

I get excited then I start checking for bnaro to say no we aren’t getting them lol.

When do we see recruiting rankings updates for Jones and Nunn jumping in?

At 6’4 220lbs, this kid seems like he could grow into a DE quickly.

69?

Nice. :cool:

8862ACFC-0D39-4A53-A7B2-A48466FB31CA.gif

You’re not wrong, but wouldn’t it be nice to have LBs this big for once? Aren’t we tired of being undersized? I dream of him roaming the middle with Kpogba covering RBs and Jones laying the boom on anyone that dares to hold the ball.
Keep this kid at backer. Imagine him on the outside spot at 6’4” with his reach and the other 2 four stars on the inside. Having guys this long at that position is nice.

You’re not wrong, but wouldn’t it be nice to have LBs this big for once? Aren’t we tired of being undersized? I dream of him roaming the middle with Kpogba covering RBs and Jones laying the boom on anyone that dares to hold the ball.

Good God yes! During the FSU game, I remember looking at our DBs and being like, we have legit ACC size in that unit (Foster, Frederick, Cisco, Williams, Melifonwu). It was nice seeing them run down hill and make tackles without knocking themselves out. It'd be awesome to have a bunch of 220-240 lbs backers flying around too. And 270 lbs DEs, and 300 lbs DTs, etc.

Any chance Cantin transitions to DE?

We have a chance to have acc and sec sized linebackers for the first time in years. please keep these kids where they belong and that’s at linebacker. 2 years from now u have this kid on outside then u have Richards in middle both 6’4” then u have the 2 studs we just got at other spot and sub wherever. That’s a Clemson linebacking crew size wise. If we switch all tall kids to de we screw our lb crew. On most great defenses that middle part is key. Rarely is there a great d without great backers. Please coaches keep these kids at lb.