Class of 2017 - LB James McCarthy (NJ) to Penn | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 LB James McCarthy (NJ) to Penn

Offers include Penn, Yale, Colgate, Villanova, Army, Syracuse

I definitely would offer for LBer. Very quick on thte snap of the football and shed blockers well.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 4m4 minutes ago
McCarthy has camps/visits set up with Rutgers this weekend, Syracuse the next and Navy after that.

Other factors McCarthy will consider in making his decision include academics, relationship with the coaches and players, and a Northeast location.

"Right now, they're well above Rutgers," McCarthy said of Syracuse.

I want to get this kid just for that quote.

Other factors McCarthy will consider in making his decision include academics, relationship with the coaches and players, and a Northeast location.

"Right now, they're well above Rutgers," McCarthy said of Syracuse.
Immediately my favorite. Rutgers, Notre Dame, Maryland, Minnesota, PSU, WVU, Pitt, Auburn all being interchangeable there but I'll take what I can get.

Verbally committed to the University of Pennsylvania, Middletown (N.J.) South two-way football standout James McCarthy tore his right anterior cruciate ligament on a recruiting visit to Syracuse University and will miss the fall season, according to NJ Advanced Media.

“We were doing a box drill and my cleats got caught in the turf and my knee went the wrong way,” McCarthy told NJ Advanced Media. “I had intense pain, but the pain went away. The trainer told me I could go back in, but it just didn’t feel right inside.

“I was close to committing to Syracuse before the injury. But it opened my eyes to the idea of what happens after football. I called the Penn coaches and they were fine even with the injury.”

Verbally committed to the University of Pennsylvania, Middletown (N.J.) South two-way football standout James McCarthy tore his right anterior cruciate ligament on a recruiting visit to Syracuse University and will miss the fall season, according to NJ Advanced Media.

“We were doing a box drill and my cleats got caught in the turf and my knee went the wrong way,” McCarthy told NJ Advanced Media. “I had intense pain, but the pain went away. The trainer told me I could go back in, but it just didn’t feel right inside.

“I was close to committing to Syracuse before the injury. But it opened my eyes to the idea of what happens after football. I called the Penn coaches and they were fine even with the injury.”
Real talk, that definitely sucks:(

Wow that is awful but might end up being a blessing for him now headed to Ivy.

Was it legal to do drills ? It wasn't a camp
I was at this camp. Same camp Tommy attended. Also Trotter, Nykeim Johnson and other targets like Marcus Bowman was there. I brought my players there. Proper paper work is filled, with insurance info and waivers. These kids go to camps to earn offers and better their skills. It's the risk you take. Sometimes you get non contact injuries. Those happen to be the worse. I didn't see it when I happened. There were so many kids there but I saw when he got into the cart. He didn't seem to be in any pain. Felt sorry for the kid. Good thing he's going to a prestigous school and Ivy League program.

poorly written article, makes it seem like we forced him to camp

maybe he was camping to, and this is a stretch, get better as a player?
Yeah, and maybe his offer was contingent upon a few other players and he was trying to make it a solid offer. This guy doesn't sound like a football coach.

The only part I didn't like was when he a trainer said he was fine to go back in. Would that be a member of the SU staff?

. . . . happens what does his coach want?

Yeah, I was reading the Tampa Top 100 looking for our high school's star running back. Found out he blew out his knee at a camp in March. Won't be able to play until the end of the season at the earliest... kid had offers from BC and Southern Illinois among others. Now he is hoping to be able to show he is still worth the offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom