Class of 2023 - LB Josiah Jeffery (SC) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 LB Josiah Jeffery (SC) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read a cool story about this kid on Sunday, when someone mentioned that he visited last weekend.

EDIT -- here it is: Josiah Jeffery uses family loss as motivation

Sounds like the LB version of Shamarko -- a very focused hard worker, honoring his deceased mother's legacy.

He also sounds like a superb athlete -- so a solid prospect / gamble. Don't be discouraged by his offers.

Read a cool story about this kid on Sunday, when someone mentioned that he visited last weekend.

Sounds like the LB version of Shamarko -- a very focused hard worker, honoring his deceased mother's legacy.

He also sounds like a superb athlete -- so a solid prospect / gamble.

Easy to root for a kid like this.

9DA33A97-BBF7-4283-93D7-E6A470896AF6.jpeg

I really like this pick up. A nice surprise. I went to an unnamed site and it appears he only had one offer from App State. I’m not complaining because App is a good program. Just wondered why he came out of nowhere. I trust the staff’s decisions under these circumstances, especially when the kid has recently been on campus. LGO!

Thanks for the "story" RF. Good read, Football players wear helmets...rarely do we get to see their faces or expressions...we see/know their number but know little about them.

So Josiah looks to be a LB candidate. I like that he makes his reads, has assignment discipline.
He will need to get stronger/bigger to have success as an outside LB. His school has about 1650 students and is kind of out in the sticks. Could be why he's a relative unknown.

I really like this pick up. A nice surprise. I went to an unnamed site and it appears he only had one offer from App State. I’m not complaining because App is a good program. Just wondered why he came out of nowhere. I trust the staff’s decisions under these circumstances, especially when the kid has recently been on campus. LGO!
According to his Twitter he had an offer from Coastal Carolina.

He also sounds like a superb athlete -- so a solid prospect / gamble. Don't be discouraged by his offers.
How can you not root for this kid?

JOSIAH JEFFRIES GREENWOOD HS, GREENWOOD, SC COMMITTED/SIGNED LOI 12/21/22
#
8 LB 6'2" 215/ ALL LAKELAND, ALL REGION //// 101 TT, 61 SOLO, 40 ASST, 12 TFL, 4 SKS, 1 FF, 1 FR, 6 PBU'S 1 INT, 4 QBH ///OTHER STATS N/A
13191957_d869fffd7bf144689c63bd122a273040.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

FAST
QUICK
IN BFLD DISRUPTING PLAYS
TACKLING MACHINE
HIGH ENERGY

IF HE WANTS TO PLAY LB AT THE P5 LEVEL A GREAT IDEA WOULD BE FOR HIM TO ADD 20 - 30 LBS OF MUSCLE.

Last edited:
Looks like a rover

6-2 215
Agree on this.

Looks like a really good athlete who could also play BS or FS. Good in pass coverage, good tackler in the open field, excellent at blitzing. Covers a lot of ground.

Right now, too small for LB. He might grow into that position someday.

As of right now, he looks really well suited for rover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom