Class of 2018 - LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

These are the types of fights we will likely see more of if HCDFB is successful... hopefully we can hang on to the young man... that said if there was a place on def where we can perhaps absorb a miss, it would be linebacker... I think we have some nice depth there...go Cuse!

Sounds like a kid who took an offer unless something else came along that was better. I hate that.

Kind of like schools giving kids noncommittal offers waiting to see if someone better will commit. Or, SU making offers to kids who have committed somewhere else. It happens all the time.

I would imagine that a December signing period will be helpful in this type of situation. If he doesn't sign in the early period a school can reassess the situation and have more time to close on a different prospect.
This is the first year of early signing in December correct?

This is the first year of early signing in December correct?

Yes

"The signing period will last 72 hours, beginning Dec. 20 and running through Dec. 22. Players who choose to sign early this year can take official visits after their senior year of high school begins, as has been standing NCAA policy. (For future years, the official visit period is slated to move up to April during players’ junior years.)"

He'll be this years Ifeatu Melifonwu with UGA playing the role of Michigan. We'll have the same results.

Or he'll be this year's Josh Palmer with the same results.

Him and Fagan are gonna re-solidify the middle of the field for us.