Class of 2018 - LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 LB Juan Wallace Jr (DC/IMG) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

I'm pretty sure that as a true frosh Clifton Smith forced Keith Bullock the outside spot.
I always thought it allowed him to go out to his natural position more so than forced him out. As a former safety I assumed the outside was where they wanted him.

It also allowed them to get the three best LBs on the field with greenwood at the other outside spot and CS being a natural MLB.

I always thought it allowed him to go out to his natural position more so than forced him out. As a former safety I assumed the outside was where they wanted him.

It also allowed them to get the three best LBs on the field with greenwood at the other outside spot and CS being a natural MLB.
Speaking of moving to natural positions (for some of you old school fans) didn't this happen with Joe Morris and Art Monk.

Speaking of moving to natural positions (for some of you old school fans) didn't this happen with Joe Morris and Art Monk.
Before my time, but didn't monk play mostly at RB?

Clifton Smith was a monster - thought he was for sure a 10-year NFL player. Too bad for the injuries.

Clifton Smith was a monster - thought he was for sure a 10-year NFL player. Too bad for the injuries.
He had the prototype size the day he stepped on campus but I always thought he was a bit slow to be an NFL guy.

If memory serves, he did before Joe showed up.
IIRC, Art only moved to WR full time in his senior year. He caught a lot of passes out of the backfield before then.

upload_2017-5-8_16-49-23.png

IIRC, Art only moved to WR full time in his senior year. He caught a lot of passes out of the backfield before then.

View attachment 96286
If you wonder why Art's receptions went down his junior year. it was because FSU broke Bill Hurley's ribs at the start of the season and SU was forced to play with much lesser QBs that season. Tim Wilson mostly filled in...pretty good runner but he couldn't throw a football very far or straight.

If you wonder why Art's receptions went down his junior year. it was because FSU broke Bill Hurley's ribs at the start of the season and SU was forced to play with much lesser QBs that season. Tim Wilson mostly filled in...pretty good runner but he couldn't throw a football very far or straight.

Tim could run the option - and that's about it.

So Georgia jumped in on our verbal. I know schools often try and get kids to flip commits, but is it common to offer after a kid verbals and get him to flip? All's fair in love and football?

So Georgia jumped in on our verbal. I know schools often try and get kids to flip commits, but is it common to offer after a kid verbals and get him to flip? All's fair in love and football?
We have done it several times this cycle - DJ Jackson and Jarren Williams, for example.

Just stay on this kid. I don't mind kid in May before February signing day taking offers from big dogs.

This kid is legit. Just keep on him Dino. There is a reason he committed to Syracuse.