Class of 2018 - LB Martrevious "Tre" Allison (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE/Transferring | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 LB Martrevious "Tre" Allison (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE/Transferring

So the HC at a solid Texas HS went on an official to Cuse and has the classic 44 jersey? Sign me up.
Ricklan Holmes
ATHLETIC COORDINATOR AND HEAD FOOTBALL COACH

Graduate of John Tyler High School Class of 1998

Graduate of Oklahoma State University Class of 2003

COACHING CAREER

2005-2006(Putnam City HS, Oklahoma, Assistant)

2007-2011(John Tyler HS, Texas, Assistant)

2012-Present(John Tyler HS, Texas, Head Football Coach)

Apparently he played corner at OSU. He also played RB in high school. OSU site suggests we were not in his top 3. Has me scratching my head as to why he'd still have that jersey. Could it be the Legend of 44 still resonates as far as Tyler Texas? He is relatively new to his HC role, so maybe he's feeling this whole thing out now with schools he'd like to see his players attend. Another important tidbit is that Baylor was in his top 3, but when this guy was being recruited, Coach Babers was at Arizona. Could be Babers and he have a long relationship, but more likely Coach has a cache of respect in Texas because of that offense.

Apparently he played corner at OSU. He also played RB in high school. OSU site suggests we were not in his top 3. Has me scratching my head as to why he'd still have that jersey. Could it be the Legend of 44 still resonates as far as Tyler Texas? He is relatively new to his HC role, so maybe he's feeling this whole thing out now with schools he'd like to see his players attend. Another important tidbit is that Baylor was in his top 3, but when this guy was being recruited, Coach Babers was at Arizona. Could be Babers and he have a long relationship, but more likely Coach has a cache of respect in Texas because of that offense.

Young African American head coach will absolutely have an immediate connection with Dino.

Hope this is the start of a long and fruitful relationship.

More recruits from John Tyler?

Right. the guy was fond enough back then to keep a jersey. Gives the staff a foothold into the school. Let's face it, Texas produces a lot of FBS quality. We need a piece of it.

Babers was an assistant (including the recruiting coordinator in 2008) at Baylor while Holmes was at John Tyler. Enough talent comes out of Tyler that it is incredibly likely Babers founds his way to the school to make/solidify relationships with the coaching staff at John Tyler.

IMG and East Texas? A bowl in 2018 and sign that extension.

Yep - need to hit paydirt with postseason next season. The uptick in recruiting with a couple nice wins is great, but in order to sustain it we need to go bowling in 2018/19.