LB Nick Internicola offered | Syracusefan.com

LB Nick Internicola offered

@JohnGarcia_Jr
#Syracuse football offered three Floridians yesterday and checked in on another in which they offered a while back

Is Internicola one of the 3? He looks pretty nasty.

I hope the staff still has a good relationship with Coach Harriot after leaving the 'Cuse to go back to Florida. This kid Internicola would be a nice get as Whitey23 mentioned he has that nasty streak which we have been missing in our linebackers core for a while. Dennis is nother prospect who I am intriged about as he also looks to be a very nice player with good player. Getting another body with talent like Curtis to help solidify the OL is always welcomed.

Ty Wheatley got the RB job when Roger Harriott decided to return to Florida, didn't he?

As far as I know, Coach Harriott left SU solely for family reasons and was a huge fan of HCDM and the program when he left.

I hope the staff still has a good relationship with Coach Harriot after leaving the 'Cuse to go back to Florida. This kid Internicola would be a nice get as Whitey23 mentioned he has that nasty streak which we have been missing in our linebackers core for a while. Dennis is nother prospect who I am intriged about as he also looks to be a very nice player with good player. Getting another body with talent like Curtis to help solidify the OL is always welcomed.
I think we've had some nasty linebackers every year since G-Rob's last...

didn't spruill put the big nasty on the usc running back in which his helmut lost 5 yards on the play...thats nasty

didn't spruill put the big nasty on the usc running back in which his helmut lost 5 yards on the play...thats nasty
Exactly. I was thinking of Dyshawn absolutely murdering that dude from Rutgers last year too.

kid says that Rutgers is recruiting him harder and he has a visit set up to go to NJ. If the staff isn't going to recruit certain kids that they offer hard and at least get them to schedule a visit over the summer then what's the point?

Kid being offered though doesn't make him a priority. Even within the offers there has to be a pecking order, it's probably near impossible to recruit every offered kid 'hard'. So why offer then? Don't know but there could be dozens of reasons.

RU and BC might have been on this kid for months and the visits scheduled for awhile now.

I noted he said Schaf wants him to play DE. Really? at 210 pounds? There's got to be 10 defensive ends ahead of him on the recruiting board.

kid says that Rutgers is recruiting him harder and he has a visit set up to go to NJ. If the staff isn't going to recruit certain kids that they offer hard and at least get them to schedule a visit over the summer then what's the point?
My guess is we make an offer to explore if there might be legitimate mutual interest (sort of like deciding to ask a girl out on a date). I would assume the recruits we are after the "hardest" are those that are highest on our board and/or have shown the most reciprocal interest in us. There's no reason to waste the time and resources on a kid who seems destined to go elsewhere.

My guess is we make an offer to explore if there might be legitimate mutual interest (sort of like deciding to ask a girl out on a date). I would assume the recruits we are after the "hardest" are those that are highest on our board and/or have shown the most reciprocal interest in us. There's no reason to waste the time and resources on a kid who seems destined to go elsewhere.
"I like the program a lot and I have a lot of interest in Syracuse. Coach Shafer is a good person and seems like a great coach."

That's his quote about Syracuse. He's also considering/visiting BC and Rutgers so I doubt he seems destined to go elsewhere at this point. Maybe it's a position on the board thing as both you and Phat mentioned - but I'd just prefer them to work hard enough to get the kids to camp and then make their decisions.

"I like the program a lot and I have a lot of interest in Syracuse. Coach Shafer is a good person and seems like a great coach."

That's his quote about Syracuse. He's also considering/visiting BC and Rutgers so I doubt he seems destined to go elsewhere at this point. Maybe it's a position on the board thing as both you and Phat mentioned - but I'd just prefer them to work hard enough to get the kids to camp and then make their decisions.

I agree with you but I can also understand that it's impossible to recruit every player the 'hardest'.

What's also weird about our recruiting is how often recruits say they were very surprised by an SU offer b/c they hadn't even heard from them until right about then.

What's also weird about our recruiting is how often recruits say they were very surprised by an SU offer b/c they hadn't even heard from them until right about then.

Need to start with a connection somewhere, if your sending out offers to a lot of players it's impossible sometimes to get in contact with all of them. Especially when they are constantly being inundated with mailers and phone calls from other schools as well. I don't think this is actually that uncommon, many schools have different ways of making initial contact with certain players and just sending out an offer is just one of those ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom