Class of 2016 - LB/SS Elias Reynolds (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB/SS Elias Reynolds (NY) Decommitted from Rutgers

Off topic a bit, but are these guys (Poly Prep) a power from an athletics perspective?

Curious b/c I am going to make a trip to their school later this year b/c their baseball team is stacked. They have 4 legit D-1 prospects on that baseball team.

The only thing I know is that we have offered 2016 Ray Marten and 2017 Isaiah Wilson from Poly Prep. Their highlight films are all private.

Off topic a bit, but are these guys (Poly Prep) a power from an athletics perspective?

Curious b/c I am going to make a trip to their school later this year b/c their baseball team is stacked. They have 4 legit D-1 prospects on that baseball team.
I think they have a good program that regularly produces P5 recruits, but that for some reason we don't have an "in" with them, and rarely get players from that school. Maybe it's Rob Moore syndrome. :noidea:

Poly Prep is basically the best HS team in NYc year in and year out. They are a 40K /year private school that hands out a number of scholarships to the top youth players in Brooklyn & SI. Kids jump to play there because of the elite education and college like facilities.

They are an independent school though so they play a weird schedule and don't have a postseason so they can never compete for a championship

Also the HC is a huge Notre Dame fan so ND sorta has a leg up on all other schools - ie Jay Hayes who looks like he will be the biggest impact DL player to come out of city since Dominique Easley

They are a quality football program. They produce a lot of d1 talent relative to other New York programs.

Poly Prep is basically the best HS team in NYc year in and year out. They are a 40K /year private school that hands out a number of scholarships to the top youth players in Brooklyn & SI. Kids jump to play there because of the elite education and college like facilities.

They are an independent school though so they play a weird schedule and don't have a postseason so they can never compete for a championship

Also the HC is a huge Notre Dame fan so ND sorta has a leg up on all other schools - ie Jay Hayes who looks like he will be the biggest impact DL player to come out of city since Dominique Easley
Interesting...Dominique Easley is probably the best recruit to come out of the island. I don't think we can discount what Ishaq did in high school. Ebo was overrated compared to those guys.

Ebo was always expected to RS as frosh because he was so raw after poor HS coaching. Last year he was stuck behind a NFL caliber senior Clemson D-Linemen. This will be an interesting year for him but w/3 years left it's too early to say bust

Ishaq was slated to start his senior year until he got ensnared in that groupies doing player homework scandal. He's should be back in fall and Starting so a breakout year can send him to league

Thomas holley had surgery on hip last fall and RS'd. He should get his turn to play but who knows what's going on with that program after staff turned over

Would be big for us to get a Poly kid - we really need to crack into that school

Every year, Syracuse should hold some sort of camp in Brooklyn. Poly Prep always has solid kids and every handful of years churns out a 4 to 5-star kid. Shafter should offer a scholarship to any kid who can race the subway between stops.

Every year, Syracuse should hold some sort of camp in Brooklyn. Poly Prep always has solid kids and every handful of years churns out a 4 to 5-star kid. Shafter should offer a scholarship to any kid who can race the subway between stops.
I thought there was an ACC rule against having off campus camps

I thought there was an ACC rule against having off campus camps

Under Article VIII of the ACC manual it states "football coaching staffs may not conduct, attend, or be involved with any football camps/clinics, including camps/clinics for non-prospect aged individuals, during the months of June and July or any calendar week (Sunday through Saturday) that includes days of those months off their institution's campus."

• B_jDUzKU0AA8lB0.jpg:large

Manlius Pebble Hill was founded in 1927 as a country day school as well. No D1 football players there right now. I don't believe they even play football there anymore. John Brockington and Steve Wynn are alums though...

I didn't know that Tom. When I was in High School, before they merged with Pebble Hill, they were a small military academy and I'm not sure they even played football in those days. I graduated from North High School to give you an idea of how long ago that was. ;)