LB Tyrell Richards | Syracusefan.com

LB Tyrell Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this would be coming soon.

Best of luck to him. Confident we have players who can fill that hit stick role (Linton, Lowery, Goulbourne, Kinsler etc)

So is he going to the portal based upon spring scrimmage snaps? Had he been jumped on the depth chart?

So is he going to the portal based upon spring scrimmage snaps? Had he been jumped on the depth chart?

It began last year. He started the Wake game and then after that his PT went down. I don't recall his injury situation but the last 4 weeks of the season the true freshman linebackers were getting a ton of run and the last 2 weeks of the season we were starting two true freshman linebackers. He had stats over the last 4 so he was getting some run.

The first 4 LBs right now are Jones, Wax, Thompson, Arku. Losing TRich and Kpogbas status unknown sting but we have some great depth here. Linton, GBourne, Sparrow, Lowery and 3 coming in.

We'll miss TRich on coverage. JR clone.

Last edited:
Tyrell saw the light and quit on the team. Good luck in the future and thanks for all your contributions, especially in 2018.

Freak athlete. I wonder if he was one of those guys who was more athlete than player. Wish we could have found a way to utilize him. With Kpogba (for now at least) and Richards out of the picture, that group seems to be solidifying and now leaves an opening for someone else to get into the 2-deep.

That sucks. Had great size and motor.
Without a doubt. Maybe just couldn't keep his head on straight? Had all the athletic ability in the world to gain starter minutes

It started last year. He started the Wake game and then after that his PT went down. I don't recall his injury situation but the last 4 weeks of the season the true freshman linebackers were getting a ton of run and the last 2 weeks of the season we were starting two true freshman linebackers. He had stats over the last 4 so he was getting some run.

The first 4 LBs right now are Jones, Wax, Thompson, Arku. Losing TRich and Kpogbas status unknown sting but we have some great depth here. Linton, GBourne, Sparrow, Lowery and 3 coming in.

We'll miss TRich on coverage. JR clone.
Lowery and Goulbourne came in as defensive ends, did they not? Have they been getting play at LB?

You don't have to do this.
Is this not the truth? Let me be politically correct here...he left the team during spring ball, a team that finished 1 - 10, a team for which he could have helped. No need to sugarcoat situation! Like I said, Good Luck and thanks for all his past contributions to the team.

Lowery and Goulbourne came in as defensive ends, did they not? Have they been getting play at LB?

They will play both positions. Currently listed as LBs on the 2020 roster but will play both positions where they're on the line as a rush end. Lowery in fact had a few good reps last season in this role.

2020 listing
Lowery - 6'4 225
Goulbourne - 6'3 207

Is this not the truth? Let me be politically correct here...he left the team during spring ball, a team that finished 1 - 10, a team for which he could have helped. No need to sugarcoat situation! Like I said, Good Luck and thanks for all his past contributions to the team.
Or he got passed up on the depth chart, saw the writing on the wall in the spring practices, and wanted to go somewhere to play his final 2 years where he’d be a consistent part of the defense. Just because a kid is transferring doesn’t mean he’s quitting on the team, lots of variables here.

Quitting is loaded with judgment. That's what's unnecessary. It's not hard to take the high road when a kid decides to leave.

Take the high road? Did I hurt your feelings? The kid bailed on a 1 - 10 team. Good Grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom