Class of 2016 - LB Zachary Kastenhuber (CT) Verbal to Harvard | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 LB Zachary Kastenhuber (CT) Verbal to Harvard

B_nKwR4WcAI2geC.jpg:large

Solid day today with @_VigorFitness_ @tylerburns24 @Zak_Kastenhuber #choatefootball

Free article...

https://connecticut./content.asp?CID=1732832

The UConn coaching staff has handed out a couple of in-state 2016 offers recently, including to linebacker Zachary Kastenhuber of Wallingford (Conn.) Choate Rosemary Hall. UConnReport.com spoke with Kastenhuber about his newest offer.
spacer1.gif

spacer1.gif

"Recruiting is going well so far," he said. "I have one FBS offer and one Patriot offer. I'm visiting some Ivy's, Patriots and UConn so far."

Those two offers that Kastenhuber mentioned have come in from UConn and Holy Cross, and his visits will be to UConn, Yale, Penn and Bucknell.

The UConn offer came around last Monday and Kastenhuber found out about it through his coach.

"With an acceptance rate around 50%, I think it's a top state school along with a new and enthusiastic coaching staff," he said. "I believe Coach Diaco will turn this program around and I'm excited to be able to have the opportunity to be a part of it."

Kastenhuber, 6-foot-1 and 223 pounds, has had the opportunity to speak to a few of the UConn coaches recently.

"I briefly talked to Coach Patterson, Diaco and Reardon," he said. "They all seem like they are ready to amp it up for next year. I am looking forward to talk with them more at my visit."

As a younger kid, Kastenhube did attend a few UConn game, but has not been back to campus in years.

"I'm hoping to get more familiar with the coaches and have a great experience where I can see what college will fit me the best," he said.

While he is being recruited as an inside linebacker, Kastenhuber played a different position during the fall.

"I played as an outside linebacker due to team needs," he said. "We went 10-0 and won the NEPSAC Championship. I had 18 sacks, 107 tackles, 44 tackles for loss, one defensive touchdown and two forced fumbles."

Even with these impressive totals, Kastenhuber is still looking for ways to improve his game this off-season.

"I think I improved most on my physicality and am hoping to improve more on my conditioning to stay more active during long drives," he said.

Pretty impressive tape. Tackles soundly, decent closing speed, and like the two Connecticut recruits from last year it looks like he has a motor that doesn't stop. I wouldn't be surprised if this young man has numerous offers soon.

Freaking BC! We are directly against them on a bunch of kids. Ugh, need Addazio gone

jr4750 said:
Freaking BC! We are directly against them on a bunch of kids. Ugh, need Addazio gone

The guy can recruit.

Kastenhuber took a stealth trip to Syracuse yesterday. He's deciding soon.

Subscription article so not sure how much more I can say.

I think you should say "his stealth trip went exceptionally well, and a decision should be made shortly."

That sounds about right Jeke.

Also this dude is ripped. He and Shy would be fun to watch in the weight room going back and forth.

Also that was his second trip. So I'd say he enjoys us to some extent...

I think you should say "his stealth trip went exceptionally well, and a decision should be made shortly."

That sounds about right Jeke.

Also this dude is ripped. He and Shy would be fun to watch in the weight room going back and forth.
I was looking through his Twitter the other day, the kid is already benching over 400 pounds. The kid is ridiculous. He's also an exceptional student.

I was looking through his Twitter the other day, the kid is already benching over 400 pounds. The kid is ridiculous. He's also an exceptional student.

The dude is freaking jacked. If I had ever had 1/10th the muscle tone he has right now, I could have died happy. Like I said, him and Shy will love each other in the weight room.

I just feel like I should post his HUDL highlights again since the last time they were linked it was before they'd automatically embed, so people may not have watched:

The dude had 44 TFL last season in 10 games. That's absurd, no matter who you're playing against. He's a wrecking ball.

Runs a 4.65 time in the 40, has a 31" vertical, benches 410, squats 490, with a 5-10-5 shuttle time of 3.97 according to this profile: http://www.ncsasports.org/football-...ford/choate-rosemary-hall/zachary-kastenhuber

Also, wants to be a lawyer and owns and operates his own landscaping business while still in HS.

Last edited:
I just feel like I should post his HUDL highlights again since the last time they were linked it was before they'd automatically embed, so people may not have watched:

The dude had 44 TFL last season in 10 games. That's absurd, no matter who you're playing against. He's a wrecking ball.

Runs a 4.65 time in the 40, has a 31" vertical, benches 410, squats 490, with a 5-10-5 shuttle time of 3.97 according to this profile: http://www.ncsasports.org/football-...ford/choate-rosemary-hall/zachary-kastenhuber

Also, wants to be a lawyer and owns and operates his own landscaping business while still in HS.
I know I don't get paid to rate athletes. I also don't know what level of competition he is playing against, but that dude dominates every snap. He destroys OL many times without being touched, he has great ball skills in coverage, and always has his head on a swivel. Given his athletic stats, I can't even begin to imagine how good a football player he will become.

How is this kid not an "elite" prospect?

Also dude clearly wins at life as well.

This kid could very well be our top target as a MLB this year. Just by the way he runs the inside blitz screams a Shafer guy all the way.He's got that inside blitz down

Nice. I like this kid. Looks like an absolute BEAST! Dare I say very Zaire esque.

This must be the reason we were willing to pass on Manning so easily.