leaving new mexico... | Syracusefan.com

leaving new mexico...

newmexicuse

All Conference
i have truly loved my 20 years in the land of enchantment.

however, my wife wanted to be closer to grandkids, family, and friends, so we have just sold our beautiful nm home, and we are off to a new life in venice, fla.

for me it was a long process, but i am now totally embracing the change and i am very much looking forward to a new lifestyle down in florida.

venice is a beach town halfway between tampa and ft. myers. it even has a doggie beach.

we were fortunate to find a lifestyle and scenic community, toscana isles, where our new home will be.

anyways, in honor of my time spent in nm, i intend to keep my newmexicuse moniker. does venicecuse have quite the same ring to it ?

we are presently driving from nm to florida, and we will be trying to dodge hurricane barry by staying north through atlanta.

my best wishes to all affected by this storm, especially the unfortunate new orleans residents. maybe it is time to let the sea claim that beautiful city.

Good luck on your new chapter in your life.

however, my wife wanted to be closer to grandkids, family, and friends, so we have just sold our beautiful nm home, and we are off to a new life in venice, fla.

for me it was a long process, but i am now totally embracing the change and i am very much looking forward to a new lifestyle down in florida.

venice is a beach town halfway between tampa and ft. myers. it even has a doggie beach.

we were fortunate to find a lifestyle and scenic community, toscana isles, where our new home will be.

anyways, in honor of my time spent in nm, i intend to keep my newmexicuse moniker. does venicecuse have quite the same ring to it ?

we are presently driving from nm to florida, and we will be trying to dodge hurricane barry by staying north through atlanta.

my best wishes to all affected by this storm, especially the unfortunate new orleans residents. maybe it is time to let the sea claim that beautiful city.

congrats and good luck! 8 more years before the Mrs. and I can retire to our home in thee Philippines!

You are newmexicuse. I had the same dilemma when I moved to Florida in 2016. Keep your old name.

I'll be about an hour north of you in Gulfport (next to St Pete Beach and Treasure Island).

Great time to move to the Gulf Coast if you are a Cuse fan with numerous low cost flight options back to NY from Tampa, St Pete-Clearwater, Sarasota-Bradenton, Punta Gorda and Ft Myers that didn't exist a few years ago.

Let me know if you want to join us up at the FSU game in October?

Last edited:
Newmexicuse when you arrive to Florida the first thing you will notice is: Florida Man is real.

Florida Man and Woman add a layer of humor and excitement to Florida

The crazy head south till they hit water and stop for awhile. Many retreat back home or inland to Central Florida after they figure out they can't afford to live near the beach.

The heat isn't as bad as I thought

The beaches are awesome from Clearwater to Sanibel

Wegmans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Publix

Best Produce heads out of state

The West Side of Florida is overrun with folks from Upstate NY to Minnesota

It is kinda nice to watch a Cuse Basketball game on a TV outside in January

Newmexicuse when you arrive to Florida the first thing you will notice is: Florida Man is real.

The crazy head south till they hit water and stop for awhile. Many retreat back home or inland to Central Florida after they figure out they can't afford to live near the beach.

I'll agree with every one but Publix isn't that far off of Wegmans.

You are newmexicuse. I had the same dilemma when I moved to Florida in 2016. Keep your old name.

I'll be about an hour north of you in Gulfport (next to St Pete Beach and Treasure Island).

Great time to move to the Gulf Coast if you are a Cuse fan with numerous low cost flight options back to NY from Tampa, St Pete-Clearwater, Sarasota-Bradenton, Punta Gorda and Ft Myers that didn't exist a few years ago.

Let me know if you want to join us up at the FSU game in October?
i have a cuz who lives in tallahassee and is a huge fsu fan. i imagine he will invite me to the game, but it would be great to catch up w u guys if there is a tailgate.

we will want to visit st pete once we are settled in, maybe see u then !!!

Yeah - why exactly does the best produce head out of state? I've heard that before.

i have a cuz who lives in tallahassee and is a huge fsu fan. i imagine he will invite me to the game, but it would be great to catch up w u guys if there is a tailgate.

we will want to visit st pete once we are settled in, maybe see u then !!!
Consider yourself invited. Just let me know how many are coming. Break it down to beer drinkers and non beer-drinkers.

Last edited:
Welcome to Venice! Great place. Not much industry and certainly an older crew here, but great people and it is pretty much paradise weather-wise.

Friendly people. A pretty large majority are transplants from somewhere else, so striking up a conversation is easy. They have a group called Venice Newcomers Group which is a club for people new to the area to join which helped meeting people for us.
PM me and I'll give you more information and welcome you to the area.

Welcome.

What a dramatic change to make. I hope you are as happy in Florida as you were in New Mexico. Sounds like a nice place to move to. Heck, you might have occasion to see some SU games live not too far from where you are...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom