Lelan Rogers named Head Coach at Spire Academy | Syracusefan.com

Lelan Rogers named Head Coach at Spire Academy

Isn't that where Petro landed last year after JHU? I guess SPIRE is in the IMG mold.

Isn't that where Petro landed last year after JHU? I guess SPIRE is in the IMG mold.

He was working at Legendary Sports Group with Cottle. Is that affiliated with this school in some way? If so he probably got Rogers this job lol

I know it's silly of me, but for once I'd like to see an accomplished coach like Rogers go someplace where he can really build something and give back to a community. So, instead of going to some PG factory, go run the City of Syracuse youth program or something. Or even Westhill (isn't that where Casey Rogers attended school?) I get that there is no money in that choice, so I don't blame Rogers.

I know it's silly of me, but for once I'd like to see an accomplished coach like Rogers go someplace where he can really build something and give back to a community. So, instead of going to some PG factory, go run the City of Syracuse youth program or something. Or even Westhill (isn't that where Casey Rogers attended school?) I get that there is no money in that choice, so I don't blame Rogers.
According to the "See Through New York" web site, under the 2018-21 Westhill teachers' contract, a first year coach of the boys' varsity lacrosse team would have earned only $5,232 in the 2021 season.

Rogers went 76-17 (.817) in his 5 years as the head coach at SUNY Cortland, and 109-33 (.826) in 9 seasons at Ohio Wesleyan, so I'm surprised he hasn't landed a job somewhere as a college head coach.

According to the "See Through New York" web site, under the 2018-21 Westhill teachers' contract, a first year coach of the boys' varsity lacrosse team would have earned only $5,232 in the 2021 season.

Rogers went 76-17 (.817) in his 5 years as the head coach at SUNY Cortland, and 109-33 (.826) in 9 seasons at Ohio Wesleyan, so I'm surprised he hasn't landed a job somewhere as a college head coach.
I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the SPIRE job pays more than just about any DIII (and a number of DI) head coaching jobs. I heard he is being paid north of $100k/year.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the SPIRE job pays more than just about any DIII (and a number of DI) head coaching jobs. I heard he is being paid north of $100k/year.
Wow - that is crazy. If what you heard is true, good for Rogers! That's a bit better than he would have done at Westhill :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom