Less Than Two Weeks for ACC | Syracusefan.com

Less Than Two Weeks for ACC

OrangePA

Living Legend
In two weeks the "Orange Block S" will be part of the ACC logo.

The BE will be history.

And the next chapter in the Syracuse University Football Program will begin.

(1) Expansion of Archbold in the 1950s; (2) construction of Manley Field House in the 1960s; (3) construction of the Carrier Dome in the 1980s and (4) joining the ACC in 2013 - revenue stream sufficient to support construction of IPF.

This is the next major event in the development of the program.

And it will make a big difference.

In two weeks the "Orange Block S" will be part of the ACC logo.

The BE will be history.

And the next chapter in the Syracuse University Football Program will begin.

(1) Expansion of Archbold in the 1950s; (2) construction of Manley Field House in the 1960s; (3) construction of the Carrier Dome in the 1980s and (4) joining the ACC in 2013 - revenue stream sufficient to support construction of IPF.

This is the next major event in the development of the program.

And it will make a big difference.

I like our chances at beating an undermanned PSU team, going into North Western for the revenge game. If we come out of that 2-0 we should be 4-0 for the first ACC game against Clemson. Wouldn't that be a way to start of our ACC history! So much depends on our QB situation. If we can be viable in the air, the running game speaks for itself! I think the edge we have is we have a difinitive leader with Hunt in that position, and with Drew Allen coming in with 1 year and a 4 year chip on his shoulder. The man has an NFL QB Physic and shows great skills at his position. If we can get QB play, we can contend for the ACC Title. The "D" will be very good this year, IMO. So here's to a 4-0 start with a huge opening ACC game against the perineal favorite Clemson, who doesn't even mention us as one of their marqee games this year. They are predicted by many to go undefeated in the ACC and 12-1 overall.

I enjoyed it when the "Loud House" didn't need to be advertised as the Loud House.
It just was.....
And when we were known as the "Orangemen" and had a Mascot that had some "Fear" in it, rather in one that you think of when opening a bottle of "Grey Goose"!

Remember Teddy Bridgewater having to burn 2 timeouts because he couldn't call the plays, well I'll have my section up and screaming at the top of their lungs the 1st time the Clemson QB gets in a 3rd down situation. My prediction is they will know what coming to the Dome is all about after they lose.

Remember Teddy Bridgewater having to burn 2 timeouts because he couldn't call the plays, well I'll have my section up and screaming at the top of their lungs the 1st time the Clemson QB gets in a 3rd down situation. My prediction is they will know what coming to the Dome is all about after they lose.
Thanks to Marrone and Co. for laying the foundations. May Shafer continue the march. The Loud House lives on!

And when we were known as the "Orangemen" and had a Mascot that had some "Fear" in it, rather in one that you think of when opening a bottle of "Grey Goose"!

Yeah the mascot thing. Ever since I saw the Aztec warrior mascot of San Diego State on the carrier I have wondered what makes that representation of an indigenous people politcally acceptable for that university but we have been reduced to a furry orange. Isn't it possible to have a mascot representative of the indigenous people of New York State in a dignified way and that educates as well. We wouldn't be playing lacrosse if not for the indigenous people of this state. With the endorsement and approval of the Oneida Nation, of course.

Yeah the mascot thing. Ever since I saw the Aztec warrior mascot of San Diego State on the carrier I have wondered what makes that representation of an indigenous people politcally acceptable for that university but we have been reduced to a furry orange. Isn't it possible to have a mascot representative of the indigenous people of New York State in a dignified way and that educates as well. We wouldn't be playing lacrosse if not for the indigenous people of this state. With the endorsement and approval of the Oneida Nation, of course.

Well, the Aztecs are indigenous to Mexico, not SoCal. And, SD St. isn't located 10 miles from a reservation.

Aware of those facts but do you think it is as simple as that?

And the fact that the Onondaga Indian nation opposes the use of the Saltine Warrior mascot.

I am happier than a witch in a broom factory for SU Football to begin - Rocco, not Geico.

And the fact that the Onondaga Indian nation opposes the use of the Saltine Warrior mascot.

Ironically, the Onondagas used to supply an authentic warrior outfit for the Saltine Warrior in days gone by.

Since mascots don't actually inspire fear or intimidate anyone; does the mascot issue matter?

You're right, but I still like my Otto more than yours. ;)

Otto's been the mascot for over 30 years. He's distinctive. People need to let it go.
but, dont you think the Saltine Warrior will make for a better message board poster??

i mean come on, what could Otto possibly add?? 90% of the board already posts like Otto at a childrens book reading, we need more grit. more hardnosed type posts. i think the Saltine Warrior would provide that......
;)

:mad:

Have to admit, I'm not an Otto fan (We're not the Syracuse Oranges after all), but he's become an SU icon and instantly recognizable nationwide. Feel I have to embrace him.

Otto is fine. The Saltine Warrior had its time but that's long since over. Besides,I kinda like Otto now...
I liked Disney Land when my kids were young too, can't say I feel the same about it anymore!

Instead of a tomahawk, I'll just bring my "juicer" to Tallahassee this year! :confused:

I miss being the "Orangemen" but I'm fine with the mascot. Miami has a stork, and I'm sure it wasn't the mascot that intimidated other teams in the 80's and 90's. Kids love Otto, so I'm cool with him.