Let's make Otto Zaccardo a folk hero | Syracusefan.com

Let's make Otto Zaccardo a folk hero

Shark58

BANNED
our very own Rudy

tenor.gif

My roommate was our Rudy in 1995/1996. Only saw two plays in one season despite trying out three years at the scholarship players’ pleading, making the spring squad in 1995 and full team fall 1995. Coach P loved him and because he wore 47, he and I were at Joe Morris’ jersey honor event at the New York Athletic Club in 1998 I believe. His only game was our Gator Bowl romp over Clemson. A 6’ 1” 250 lb. DT (he played end and occasionally LB on the practice squad) and their line called an audible and ran at him. Blew him up, but everyone knew where the play was going.

My roommate was our Rudy in 1995/1996. Only saw two plays in one season despite trying out three years at the scholarship players’ pleading, making the spring squad in 1995 and full team fall 1995. Coach P loved him and because he wore 47, he and I were at Joe Morris’ jersey honor event at the New York Athletic Club in 1998 I believe. His only game was our Gator Bowl romp over Clemson. A 6’ 1” 250 lb. DT (he played end and occasionally LB on the practice squad) and their line called an audible and ran at him. Blew him up, but everyone knew where the play was going.

I'd like to see Otto get a big carry and bust a run when we are crushing an opponent late in the year, of course after the dome has spent some time chanting "Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto!"

I'd like to see Otto get a big carry and bust a run when we are crushing an opponent late in the year, of course after the dome has spent some time chanting "Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto! Otto!"
If Otto Zaccardo has to play football for SU this season we are in deep, deep trouble. Especially with the new redshirt rules.

How about the kid busts his balls day in and day out for the team, does every rep in the weight room, goes to every film session, and pays his own dime...

I get that his name carries some irony here at Syracuse, but I’d rather folks respect the time he puts in than make him a folk hero just because.

If Otto Zaccardo has to play football for SU this season we are in deep, deep trouble. Especially with the new redshirt rules.

has to...no

want him to.....difft story

How about the kid busts his balls day in and day out for the team, does every rep in the weight room, goes to every film session, and pays his own dime...

I get that his name carries some irony here at Syracuse, but I’d rather folks respect the time he puts in than make him a folk hero just because.

thats exactly why

the name is just a bonus

Was thinking the same thing. The kid is working out and practicing with kids getting their 4 years paid for. It's an awesome look into his character. Don't think for moment the coaches and more importantly the player's dont realize and respect this. His job for the most part is to give the 1's and 2's a look on the scout team. I have the utmost respect for a kid like this. It isnt easy working out, training, and practicing with a P5 team. God bless you Otto.

if he wasn't, he wouldn't be part of the team
Ok then...can we at least see if he is good at football, relative to the level of competition he will be facing?

No no no, if Otto Zaccardo GETS to play football for SU this year, we are doing great. It means we were up by 50 at the half and everyone on the 2 deep already got some run. I'm going positive with this pipe dream.

Oh idk. He’s the fastest back on the team. But certainly not at the front of the pecking order for sure. I’d like to see him get some garbage time carries in the Wagner or UConn games.

Is he really that fast?

11.38 PR in the 100 m. I don't know how that compares to the other guys.

Kid did run a 4.46 40 @ UNH
And a laser timed 4.56 @ Nike.
Also, none of the other guys are real burners either. No hidden 4.3x rb’s on the squad.Of course speed isn’t everything, ...but they do measure it for a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom