Lets not forget Rakeem freaken Christmas!! | Syracusefan.com

Lets not forget Rakeem freaken Christmas!!

Season high 35 Mins 7 pts 3-4 shooting 5 rebs 3 blks and did not foul out. That 1st foul on him was total BS. He is looking good shooting the ball!

Thanks for bringing this up. Rak's numbers may not be up that much this year, but he has been a huge asset for the team. His positioning on defense is better, his screens have been better, his passing is better, and now we're starting to see his post game get utilized. I remember reading that he was frustrated last year. It seems to me that he has been working on all of the little things to make the team better and it is paying off. I'm as proud of him as I am of any player on the team.

His passing from the top of the key is quite nice actually. Good zip, good accuracy - seen it a couple times this year.

His one block coming back on transition was amazing. In real time it looked like he had about 0.1 seconds to turn, react, and jump up to block that layup.

Love the progress this young man is showing - maturing before our eyes. Keep it up, kid.

Plus his passing has been fantastic. He set up both Cooney's 3 pointers in the second half, which were huge.

Great point. Pitt collapsed on the inside guys with 2-4 guys and those slots were open and to Raks and Grants credit, they saw it at times. It is not an easy skill to learn because of the lack of touches inside and all those trees and leaves in the way.

The only thing left for Rak and the team to develop is those cuts that teams like to do against us. Rak catches the ball inside, Grant cuts to the basket and Rak feeds him the ball. Everything else is there.

Orangeyes posted an article about ROC last week. It basically talked about how Hop only has him working on the one offensive move now, which of course is the hook. Hop wants him to master that one shot rather than confuse him with too much info. Looks like its working. The same article talked about how Hop makes all the bigs shoot jumpers in practice to help with their free throws, which is another area that has improved this year for all our bigs.

Last edited:
Orange yes posted an article about ROC last week.
It's actually not orange yes. It's orang eyes.
upload_2014-2-13_10-35-46.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom