Lets not kid ourselves... | Syracusefan.com

Lets not kid ourselves...

sdpenny32

Walk On
The Post-Standard continues to protect the lacrosse program no matter how much trouble they cause. How come this article did not find its way to syracuse.com? I think it is about time the community starts to realize the type of program Desko is running. Despite what they do on the field, the leadership and accountablity that is preached under Marrone in the football program is nowhere to be found with this team. They think they can run around Syracuse doing whatever they want simply because they are the lacrosse team. It is time for a reality check.

You're kidding me, right? Read the other 3 Kevin Drew threads, and you'll find a link to the Post Standard story from yesterday.

Yeah i found it hidden in the depths of the website. If that was the football or basketball programs that is a front page story (see Marcus Sales). Im just saying the entitlement of the lacrosse program makes me sick

It was a front page story yesterday. Who do you think broke the story at 4PM?

yup thats my bad not seeing the story i take it back about the paper protecting the lacrosse program. However, I still stand by my statements about the attitude of the lacrosse program.

The Post-Standard continues to protect the lacrosse program no matter how much trouble they cause. How come this article did not find its way to syracuse.com? I think it is about time the community starts to realize the type of program Desko is running. Despite what they do on the field, the leadership and accountablity that is preached under Marrone in the football program is nowhere to be found with this team. They think they can run around Syracuse doing whatever they want simply because they are the lacrosse team. It is time for a reality check.

Lacrosse has always been a loose ship up there.. ALWAYS. I don't believe much has changed, I wouldn't know these days but these stories and the the ones from Placid this summer don't show well for the program

Maybe not as many people care about the lax program as the other big sports so the paper doesn't cover it as much?

I agree
that it should be in the paper . Why would it be protected Are they afraid of another huge incident like the reporting on the basketball program? This is not journalism taught at Newhouse.:eek:

let's be candid here; the news media always wavers between their marketing side and the news side. There are many occasions where major corporate misdeeds go under reported as well as many sports stories; if the media is in a one-major-sports-group-town like Syracuse.
Though, the old Post-Standard was the source of the NCAA infractions in the Gait era.
With that reporting, the Post-Standard took a major financial hit and lost many former customers as well as access; during that time period.

Yep, bunch of renegade hooligans. Let's dump the program.

Im not saying we should dump our most successful athletic program and I was probably out of line with my criticism of the post-standard. I just have witnessed the conduct of the lacrosse players first hand and I think it is a shame that they act like the world owes them something just because they play for Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom