Let's preface this | Syracusefan.com

Let's preface this

jdubs30

Living Legend
Do we want Noel? No doubt.

If he goes to GTown it will be a kick in the stomach, then we'll catch a breath and realize what we have next year.

Our C options include:
- A McDAA entering his sophomore year who showed he has awesome potential
- A McDAA entering his first year and is unlike any C we've had in years; a true back to the basket threat who grabs rebounds like an animal
- A man who is written off by many; but in his last gmae of the year vs. Jared Sullinger ripped down 10 boards and had 4 blocks in only 24 minutes of play. He works extremely hard and plays better when the team shows confidence in him.

Noel would be nice, but the cupboard is not bare by anymeans iwthout him. GTown NEEDS him, we just want him.

Agree. NN would be a cherry on top.
Just saw Jake's post; looks like he won't be here.

1 more page in the CUse/GTown rivlarly. We got Riley, Christmas; they get Noel. Oh well!

Do we want Noel? No doubt.

If he goes to GTown it will be a kick in the stomach, then we'll catch a breath and realize what we have next year.

Our C options include:
- A McDAA entering his sophomore year who showed he has awesome potential
- A McDAA entering his first year and is unlike any C we've had in years; a true back to the basket threat who grabs rebounds like an animal
- A man who is written off by many; but in his last gmae of the year vs. Jared Sullinger ripped down 10 boards and had 4 blocks in only 24 minutes of play. He works extremely hard and plays better when the team shows confidence in him.

Noel would be nice, but the cupboard is not bare by anymeans iwthout him. GTown NEEDS him, we just want him.

That's the spirit! And it's true, we'll have a ton of talent on next year's team in the frontcourt, even without Noel.

Sure, would have loved to land him--but the sky isn't falling by any means.

I don't think it's a kick in the stomach at all. I stand by what I said about him a month or so ago. He's by no means a sure thing. And now it would appear that he's a momma's boy. Not sure that's who we want anchoring our zone.

You're absolutely right. We have tremendous depth at center with or without him.

...and for NN...it will not be an easy ride but at least he did not go KY...this being the case I would bet that the issues with Fine hurt...but I really think much had to do with which team would be able to spot light him more...dont think we would sit DC2 and Christmas so NN could play 35 minutes a game...at GT he gets the time on court...seemed like a great kid...now he is someone I hope DC2, Christmas and keita dominate....

At least we don't have to worry about players getting mad over playing time, we have all the right pieces in place and will be fine. It would have been a nice problem to have but think everyone on the team will be happy next year and happy is good.

I don't think it's a kick in the stomach at all. I stand by what I said about him a month or so ago. He's by no means a sure thing. And now it would appear that he's a momma's boy. Not sure that's who we want anchoring our zone.

You're absolutely right. We have tremendous depth at center with or without him.
We've had the advantage over GTOwn in nearly every capacity the past decade plus; recruiting, head to head, BE titles, FFs, etc. That's the only beef here. If it was someone liek Kansas I wouldn't care; I still really don't care, but the fact that it's GTown makes a tad more frustrating (for about 1 minute)

Great reasonable post. No reason to hate.

I hope Rak and Keita are in the weight room at the Melo Ctr as I type this...And I hope DaJuan is on a treadmill or outside running his arse off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom