Let's show up strong attendence wise on Saturday! | Syracusefan.com

Let's show up strong attendence wise on Saturday!

SmilinBob

Living Legend
I've read on this site that if SU ever threw the ball a lot, scored a lot of points and played an exciting type of offense that the crowd would show up, will this be true or was that just an excuse?

I really hope we have 45k people there on Saturday to show this team a little appreciation and just to throw out a a little jab, Rutgers had 50K for Howard. Let's reward these guys by showing up strong on Saturday to watch this team that is averaging 35 points a game vs 2 very good major conference foes.

I think 45K is a bit of a stretch. I do think A good crowd is obtainable with the late kick off and a little help from the gods with the weather. There is a buzz about this team and I hope it works its way down to the casual fan because they are the ones we need to get the Dome pumping again.

Can we get a mulligan for the NW game.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

If we get 30K i would be impressed
Hate to say it, but you are probably right. Our boys are competing with Festa Italiana downtown and some beer festival at the baseball stadium. Sad...

Hate to say it, but you are probably right. Our boys are competing with Festa Italiana downtown and some beer festival at the baseball stadium. Sad...
Agreed it is sad, the day is looking half way decent as well which doesnt help.

Of course. That's the problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Expect closer to 40k for a game like this when it is a guaranteed win. Saturday is a great opportunity to establish that.

The weather is going to be beautiful and the leaves are starting to fall (and need to be raked and apparently there is a law in CNY that prohibits this on Sunday). Apples are coming ripe, so there's that to contend with as well. All of these things point to 25k tops for this game and 500 of that will be loud SB fans.

I hope they continue to encourage and cultivate the student fan base. Hopefully the heat and loss experienced for Northwestern do not turn off the Freshmen. With SU starting next year to rake in more $$$ they need to include football and basketball games for free.

Lets hope all those NYC alumni and students show up to the game. As for me a native CNYer I will pass until the private school shows it cares about me.

Lets hope all those NYC alumni and students show up to the game. As for me a native CNYer I will pass until the private school shows it cares about me.

That's a good attitude. Start showing you care about them too by going to the games.

I dream of the day when event organizers in CNY have to go to the SU football schedule before planning their events.

That's a good attitude. Start showing you care about them too by going to the games.

Going to the game would not show that I care as much as it would appease Gross by proving, once again, the attitude of the private school is that it is the only game in town and us CNYers must do as we are told without any input or consideration. I have been going to games since birth. This is not a matter of me caring or not.

I long for the days when our local sports radio station (theScore1260) doesn't decide to be a lead sponsor for a beer event happening at the exact time of the SU game.
I nearly fell out of my seat hearing Axe promote the beer festival this saturday

You didn't keep reading. There was the part about people coming out to watch an unattractive opponent, and how they don't do it.

Unbelievable. How have they not shown they care? They upgrade the dome about every year. They offer season ticket packages for next to nothing. When I didn't renew my season tickets by the deadline for a personal issue, I had a phone call and a follow up later in the summer making sure nothing went wrong last year that needed to be addressed. I did then renew my tickets. Marrone does these luncheons to connect to the fans. They moved a game to NYC to get more money to upgrade the facilities so that they could bring in new recruits which will ultimately reward us fans with a better product. They changed conferences to get more exposure and money and a general overall better football schedule. What more can they do? Drive to people's houses and give them a lift to the game? Let them call a play or two? Come on people, get over the fact that SU owes us something. This is our program too. Support it if you care.

Its pretty ridiculous that there is a major beer even going on at the same time, im sure that will eat in to a couple hundred people who might have come but the nonsense with raking leaves is just that no one is skipping the game because of yardwork. There are numerous reasons why some people aren't going to the game which I have posted numerous times I wont get into them again but it has nothing to with yardwork.

Going to the game would not show that I care as much as it would appease Gross by proving, once again, the attitude of the private school is that it is the only game in town and us CNYers must do as we are told without any input or consideration. I have been going to games since birth. This is not a matter of me caring or not.

"Appease Gross?" You mean our progressive and forward-thinking AD who has done an all-around tremendous job in his time at SU? Yeah, what a jerk. Let's show him!

Unbelievable. How have they not shown they care? They upgrade the dome about every year. They offer season ticket packages for next to nothing. When I didn't renew my season tickets by the deadline for a personal issue, I had a phone call and a follow up later in the summer making sure nothing went wrong last year that needed to be addressed. I did then renew my tickets. Marrone does these luncheons to connect to the fans. They moved a game to NYC to get more money to upgrade the facilities so that they could bring in new recruits which will ultimately reward us fans with a better product. They changed conferences to get more exposure and money and a general overall better football schedule. What more can they do? Drive to people's houses and give them a lift to the game? Let them call a play or two? Come on people, get over the fact that SU owes us something. This is our program too. Support it if you care.

I, or my family, have been season tickets holders and donors for 40 years. SU does a LOT more negative than positive when it comes to the local fanbase. Been that way for awhile.

I, or my family, have been season tickets holders and donors for 40 years. SU does a LOT more negative than positive when it comes to the local fanbase. Been that way for awhile.

When you say it does a lot more negative than positive, who are you comparing them to? The fact is, the local fan base doesn't support the team. There are always excuses not to go to games so SU is forced to reach outside the area and try different things to bring in fans and dollars. I can't blame them. If we had 45K of consistent local fan support, they'd be kissing our A double S's. You can be sure of that. Their decisions are rooted in what is best for the success of the program. We may not always like the decisions and it may not be good for us locals, but that is the goal.

When you say it does a lot more negative than positive, who are you comparing them to? The fact is, the local fan base doesn't support the team. There are always excuses not to go to games so SU is forced to reach outside the area and try different things to bring in fans and dollars. I can't blame them. If we had 45K of consistent local fan support, they'd be kissing our A double S's. You can be sure of that. Their decisions are rooted in what is best for the success of the program. We may not always like the decisions and it may not be good for us locals, but that is the goal.

Here is the deal...and listen up cause this is lost on most of you. Who says the "local" fanbase does not support the team? By local I mean the CNYers such as myself with no actual connection to a private university other than location. Is there a study anywhere? All football games I have been to over the down decade had empty student sections or sections that emptied quickly after half-time. How about all those alumni in NYC? How many of them percentage wise actually come to games in the dome game in and game out? Both of the above groups are the ones Gross is targeting. He knows the local fan support is going to be there Stony Brook or USC which is why it is not a big deal to screw us over and move a major game with no return for the CNY fan base.

Again I challenge the Alumni and Student sections to show their support EVERY GAME. Take a poll on saturday and we shall see who is who in the stands. Have a good feeling it will be 75% local fans.

Here is the deal...and listen up cause this is lost on most of you. Who says the "local" fanbase does not support the team? By local I mean the CNYers such as myself with no actual connection to a private university other than location. Is there a study anywhere? All football games I have been to over the down decade had empty student sections or sections that emptied quickly after half-time. How about all those alumni in NYC? How many of them percentage wise actually come to games in the dome game in and game out? Both of the above groups are the ones Gross is targeting. He knows the local fan support is going to be there Stony Brook or USC which is why it is not a big deal to screw us over and move a major game with no return for the CNY fan base.

Again I challenge the Alumni and Student sections to show their support EVERY GAME. Take a poll on saturday and we shall see who is who in the stands. Have a good feeling it will be 75% local fans.

So are you going to the game or not? I'm confused.

So are you going to the game or not? I'm confused.

No. The point I am trying to make is that many on here are drinking kool-aid in saying poor innovative Gross has to move game out of Syracuse because there is no local support. Thats BS. The issue is that Students do not fill the student section (empty seats) and alumni do not return to the area for games (empty seats). Add that up and even if 40K local fans with absolutely no tie to the school go to games Gross has 10K empty seats to sell people on in moving a game to alumni in NYC.

Now if we had roaring Student sections and alumni are driving in 5 hours from Boston, NYC, Philly every game and we cannot fill the dome cause there is no local support then yes you have an arguement but this is not the case. It is the students and alumni who dont care and the local fans that are paying for it by getting Stony Brook over USC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom