Levante Bellamy vs Jawhar Jordan | Syracusefan.com

Levante Bellamy vs Jawhar Jordan

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
Jordan is similar in size and speed. Hope we don't pigeonhole him and not give him a chance to eventually be the feature back. Think he will be that electric player talked about in other thread.
FYI Bellamy didn't have 1 P5 offer.

Bellamy is a built dude, Jawhar is much, much thinner. Sure, a couple of years with Edinger & Co will help, but they have different body types. To me, Bellamy can do it all... pound the A or B gaps, sweep it outside or be a pass catcher. He was serviceable in pass protection as well.

I'm pumped about Jordan's potential, but I think comparing the two based on the same HS scouting metrics is slightly deceiving. They are different players and running in different systems.

Height and weight aren't a good barometer to use in this instance. Jawhar is more wiry compared to Bellamy who is stocky and built like a Bronco (rimshot). Give him time. Maybe we will see him as a slot receiver this Saturday if they blow HC out of the water.

Bellamy is a built dude, Jawhar is much, much thinner. Sure, a couple of years with Edinger & Co will help, but they have different body types. To me, Bellamy can do it all... pound the A or B gaps, sweep it outside or be a pass catcher. He was serviceable in pass protection as well.

I'm pumped about Jordan's potential, but I think comparing the two based on the same HS scouting metrics is slightly deceiving. They are different players and running in different systems.
He's a Redshirt senior-Of course, he's going to be bigger, stronger. However, coming out of HS, he was built pretty darn similarly and only 5 pounds heavier. Will be interesting to see how JJ develops.

Watching Jordon i think Reggie Bush. Home run, electric, dynamic threat. Not nearly an every down back though. He’s too slight it seems to pass protect effectively or run the trenches.

This could all change with conditioning ofc.

Watching Jordon i think Reggie Bush. Home run, electric, dynamic threat. Not nearly an every down back though. He’s too slight it seems to pass protect effectively or run the trenches.

This could all change with conditioning ofc.
Yes. Reggie Bush.

I don't get it. Jordan is reportedly electric fast. He was here all Spring, all Summer, and now. And, he hasn't seen the field once. OK, so he can't do, or know, every little thing. But, for God sakes get him on the field in some capacity, even if only to diversify the "run it up the middle" predictable run game.

I don't get it. Jordan is reportedly electric fast. He was here all Spring, all Summer, and now. And, he hasn't seen the field once. OK, so he can't do, or know, every little thing. But, for God sakes get him on the field in some capacity, even if only to diversify the "run it up the middle" predictable run game.
Or you use him in 4 games during the bulk of the ACC schedule and keep his RS so we get 4 more years

Or you use him in 4 games during the bulk of the ACC schedule and keep his RS so we get 4 more years

Frankly, then offense needs all the help it can get, now. Well, at least after Holy Cross.

Yes. Reggie Bush.
Then Jarveon can be our Lendale White.
I believe wasting Jordan at the slot would be meathead. He is a gifted runner who will make defenses have to pay more attention to the run game due to his threat to take it the distance.

Then Jarveon can be our Lendale White.
I believe wasting Jordan at the slot would be meathead. He is a gifted runner who will make defenses have to pay more attention to the run game due to his threat to take it the distance.
What is “meathead” about turning a guy with burner speed and cuts in the slot. Quick slants all day. Also I wish we could ban the word Meathead like we do 2 4 7

When I got to watch Jordan at the spring "game" Reggie Bush keep popping up in my head over and over. Really liked what I saw from him.

Last edited:
What is “meathead” about turning a guy with burner speed and cuts in the slot. Quick slants all day. Also I wish we could ban the word Meathead like we do 2 4 7
You're limiting him. Wouldn't you have rather have faced Bellamy as a slot? It would have made their running game less concerning.

I was thinking with that speed we just bulk him into a speed DE. Not sure why the staff would have him on the wrong side of the ball and not in the trenches!!

You know, I've only been on the board for a short time, but I've noticed you guys seem to think anyone/everyone can be bulked up and put on the D-Line. Have I got that right?

there was a reason he didnt get to school as a true FR. setting him up for the future is not a bad thing. even if he was reggie bush the record would still be 2-2

For 4 games in any event.

You're limiting him. Wouldn't you have rather have faced Bellamy as a slot? It would have made their running game less concerning.

you have no idea how they plan to use him, why they haven't, and how he is being limited

It's more likely that they know how to use him, have a good reason to not, and have high hopes for his ability

If Jordan was as good as everyone wants him to be he’d probably be playing. Coaches just don’t withhold great players.

The guys I think of are Tavon Austin and Steve Slayton. If he gets anywhere near them I’ll be ecstatic.

Slayton by the way as a true frosh started the season 4th string (according to wiki) and got PT in his 2nd game. Then got no carries his next two games. In game number 5 he got 11 carries for 90 yards against #11 VT. Started game #6 and rushed for 139. The rest is history.

you have no idea how they plan to use him, why they haven't, and how he is being limited

It's more likely that they know how to use him, have a good reason to not, and have high hopes for his ability
I don't recall saying that I did. I'm not even saying he needs to play now. I just said that IMO playing him at the slot would be wasting his running ability.