Liberty and Maryland times and TV | Syracusefan.com

Liberty and Maryland times and TV

OrangeinOmaha

Walk On
Just wondering if anyone has heard TV or time rumors for the first two road games (I know Clemson probably won't be announced till after week 1). My best bet for Maryland would be a nooner on Big Ten Network but I still cannot figure out Liberty at all and their TV package or conference. Their schedule last year shows all their home games being on ESPN3 through the Liberty Sports Network so that doesn't sound very promising.

I went back through some old threads and all I could find that around this time last year is when they announced that last years opener @WMU would be Friday and on CBS Sports and then the game time for the home opener against Wagner was announced later in the summer along with it being ESPN+ I believe.

Personally I would love Liberty to move it to Friday night as there is a better chance for an actual network to pick it up (hell I would take ESPN+ over the Liberty Sports Network) and then you can also get more eyes on the game with less viewing competition on Friday as well as the extra day off for Maryland.

Edit: Just also noticed on the 2018 schedule hanging in my office still that I printed on July 31st last summer the third game against FSU had time and Channel info on it already so we could get the Clemson game time this summer.

Last edited:
I think there’s a reasonable chance the MD game will be shown on the B1G Network.

As mentioned elsewhere by TexanMark, Liberty has their own deal with ESPN. Could well be on ESPNU (or News or Classic if either still exists... News could become ACCN) or ESPN3.

As long as they are on TV im happy. I need my SU football!

Liberty has their own deal with ESPN.. that is quite interesting

Liberty’s motto is “Knowledge Aflame.” I needed to tell that to someone.
Being the Liberty Flames and having that motto seems akin to being the Syracuse Orange with the motto “Orange you glad you went here”

JF better hope his healing powers are at their peak the Sunday after our game.

I think there’s a reasonable chance the MD game will be shown on the B1G Network.
Could they also put it on the acc network?
I think it's the home teams rights but not entirely sure.
Yes, the home team always owns the media rights to the game.
As mentioned elsewhere by TexanMark, Liberty has their own deal with ESPN. Could well be on ESPNU (or News or Classic if either still exists... News could become ACCN) or ESPN3.
It's more likely to be on ESPN+, the $5 a month streaming service than any of the other ESPNs. I know the Ivies and some of the other conferences have that arrangement with ESPN. I cheated ESPN by taking advantage of their "free" trial offer in order to see the UVa-Princeton MLax game this past Saturday. You sign up for the service, give them your credit card info, see the game for free, and then cancel the trial right after the game is over.

Personally I would love Liberty to move it to Friday night as there is a better chance for an actual network to pick it up (hell I would take ESPN+ over the Liberty Sports Network) and then you can also get more eyes on the game with less viewing competition on Friday as well as the extra day off for Maryland.

Ditto, I love when we play in Friday night openers.

Ditto, I love when we play in Friday night openers.
It isn't beyond the realm of possibility. We should know sometime during the Spring the actual kickoff time and if they switch it to a Friday. I've seen it done before.

As someone who is attending the game, I really hope Liberty isn't changed to Friday night. I'll be there either way though. Saturday night would be amazing, but I don't know how probable that is.

As someone who is attending the game, I really hope Liberty isn't changed to Friday night. I'll be there either way though. Saturday night would be amazing, but I don't know how probable that is.

Eek really hope it’s not switched to Friday night. That would end my possibility of attending that game.

Matt's College Sports Media Blog

This guy is pretty accurate usually about predicting game times and networks I believe. He has Maryland as a nooner on ABC and Clemson at 7:30 on ACCN.

If Maryland really does make ABC on week 2 I think this would be the first time in a very long time Cuse got a national TV game because of them, not because it was FSU, Clemson, or another known power school. This really shows how close Dino has us to being talked about again.

If the Clemson game does get the new ACCN treatment I think it would be disappointing but at the same time smart from a ESPN/ACCN point of view and still better than a 3:30 or even worse nooner on ABC and could still be gameday. With all the hype about this game if it is not a night game I would be very very upset. If we want the ACCN to actually grow and be carried nationally having Marquee games will be a big part of it. It is a ESPN network so the promos for the game/highlights will still be all over ABC/ESPN.

Matt's College Sports Media Blog

This guy is pretty accurate usually about predicting game times and networks I believe. He has Maryland as a nooner on ABC and Clemson at 7:30 on ACCN.

Doesn't appear that he has anyone in the 8 pm ABC slot the week of the Clemson game.

EDIT: I'm a moron. He has it at 7:30, Ohio State @ Indiana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom