Liberty Loss Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Liberty Loss Thoughts

DilemaCuse

All Conference
Sickening, embarrasing

Im still in disbelief how we go from 10 wins-to 5 wins to possibly 1. A 10-5-1 3 year trend, is a steep decline. Can anyone cite any other examples of a drop-off like that? im sure there are some but they are rare and probably costs the head coach his job.

People have debated if this is worse than Grobs loss to Akron. I say, Yes because Grob had never shown any ability to be successfull to that point and it happened in year 3 as opposed to year 5 for Dino.

I really want to see Dino succeed, and im not calling for him to be fired but its gonna make it hard for JW to keep him. For those that say that shouldn't even be considered, you are just accepting the losing that has been hampering the program since Grob.

Even before the depth chart came out, I had some concerns. The fact that players were boycotting practice because of concerns of about how other schools are testing. That right there told me they were not focused and hungry like a junkyard dog to play this year. Then a couple of opt-outs. Other schools had opt-outs too, LSU, Oregon, USC, etc. You know who had 0 opt outs?

Alabama, with their level of talent to not have an opt out is unreal. That shows the focus and committment towards the competition and it being about team.

As for X and Os, they need to focus more on physicality at the line of scrimage. Forget playing fast, and driving the car like you stole it. Games are won with blocking and tackling. I thought the S&C program was improved when Dino got here, I read they had improved their speed and lifting #s but now I am not seeing it translate on the field.

Im not sure what should happen, it almost seems like this program needs a no-non sense Doug Marrone type to get them back to respectability.

War Otto

1602982061021.png

but injuries and covid. No other team is dealing with injuries and covid this year. To be fair to that crowd it has been inordinate and would take away from being able to compete with the high tier teams like Clemson. It shouldn't keep us from being competitive with the bottom half of the ACC which is mediocre at best and certainly not Liberty. Can't use injuries and covid for this game. Its coaching and execution. Possibly even a lack of desire.

but injuries and covid. No other team is dealing with injuries and covid this year. To be fair to that crowd it has been inordinate and would take away from being able to compete with the high tier teams like Clemson. It shouldn't keep us from being competitive with the bottom half of the ACC which is mediocre at best and certainly not Liberty. Can't use injuries and covid for this game. Its coaching and execution. Possibly even a lack of desire.

its not that every team is dealing with the same pandemic, it’s more “who cares about football when a pandemic is raging and it’s probably just about money”

the truth is that folks should have viewed this year as an exhibition for the proper mentality and expectations. New coordinators, no spring ball limited fall camp alone would torpedo *any* football season

I don’t really care about anyone else, so just looking at us...

the schedule changes caused by COVID were brutal on us. Even if things really unraveled like they have, we probably still get 3-4 wins with our normal schedule. Losing those Colgate and Rutgers games and gaining UNC and ND was brutal.

I don’t really care about anyone else, so just looking at us...

the schedule changes caused by COVID were brutal on us. Even if things really unraveled like they have, we probably still get 3-4 wins with our normal schedule. Losing those Colgate and Rutgers games and gaining UNC and ND was brutal.
Agreed, assuming the wins for Colgate and Rutgers but at this point there is nobody SU can assume victory over in FBS. Colgate is FCS and would be a win but folks on here wanted Army on the schedule, not a good idea.

Agreed, assuming the wins for Colgate and Rutgers but at this point there is nobody SU can assume victory over in FBS. Colgate is FCS and would be a win but folks on here wanted Army on the schedule, not a good idea.
Sorry but why do we think we’d beat Rutgers ??? We lost to Liberty ... Badly

Media picked SU to finish next to last this year, over lowly Georgia Tech. We shouldn't be shocked at this season's results. I am preparing for some more disappointing performances. The defense against the run has been particularly poor. It seems like every tackle has to be by committee and too often runs get into the secondary and it's off to the races. The offense hasn't been very good either. To me the bright spot has been the freshman running back. Especially with some improvements in the offensive line which reports seem to indicate for next year, he will be a major offensive weapon. He's a lot of fun to watch...

No, its fair game and can be used in comparisons, I dont see Najee Harris and Travis Etienne opting out for the draft, lol

Anybody who chose to opt out should have their choice respected. Since you bring up "fair" game, it's fair game for me to consider you a douchebag.

Anybody who chose to opt out should have their choice respected. Since you bring up "fair" game, it's fair game for me to consider you a douchebag.
If they opted out over covid concerns.

Im still in disbelief how we go from 10 wins-to 5 wins to possibly 1. A 10-5-1 3 year trend, is a steep decline. Can anyone cite any other examples of a drop-off like that? im sure there are some but they are rare and probably costs the head coach his job.

I remember Kansas having a season totally out of the blue. Looking it up it was 2007, and they then they went back to sucking within 2 years after that and have sucked since...

Mangino was gone by end of 2009, but I seem to remember there was some other issue?

Sure is, its an open forum. I am, I know, and will say what needs to be said despite what some people dont want to admit to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom