Liberty Skull Session | Syracusefan.com

Liberty Skull Session

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Hopefully we can keep this on point and share info about Liberty's players and schemes.

I'll start off with Antonio Gandy-Golden. 6'4" and 220lbs He has a gymnastics background and possesses great body control. Apparently his speed is decent but not elite. If he gets over 150 yards Liberty has a chance to upset the Cuse.

Other side of the ball, Jessie Lemonier at defensive end. 10 sacks, 2 forced fumbles & 13.5 tackles for loss in 2018. Seems legit. Not sure there’s another defensive lineman on the team close to his caliber but his numbers are pretty good. He was about the same in metrics his sophomore year before transferring.

If the NCAA doesn't grant Malik Willis approval to play immediately then "Buckshot's" backup is a true freshman Jonathan Bennett.

If the NCAA doesn't grant Malik Willis approval to play immediately then "Buckshot's" backup is a true freshman Jonathan Bennett.
If you track recent history, it is very likely 'Buckshot' is not going to finish the game for Liberty. The question of who the backup QB is definitely has some import.

Despite all his shenanigans - Hugh Frieze is an exceptional coach. He beat 'bama in consecutive years at Ole Miss. He plays the underdog role well. And I'm sure the stadium down there will be rocking at night. Big time trap game. Hope I'm wrong and we pound em. But I'm not feeling great about this one.

They really struggled against the run last year, I wouldn't doubt it if Moe, Abdul, and the cast get a whole lotta carries early on. Wear down their defense early and give our defense time to catch a breath.

Offensively they were a decent team at times but defensively they were a mess in multiple games. They have a really good DE but outside of him I don't know if there a great pass rush team. They seem to have some depth and talent in the secondary but SU's 3rd and 4th Wr's should feast. Key for this game is really SU's defense, this is a matchup we should really be able to not dominate but impose our will, especially in pass defense. Only real concern is if Liberty can make some hay like Western Mich did runnng the ball in the second half. Liberty has a lot of rb depth and our interior DL and LB's are bit of a concern.

Despite all his shenanigans - Hugh Frieze is an exceptional coach. He beat 'bama in consecutive years at Ole Miss. He plays the underdog role well. And I'm sure the stadium down there will be rocking at night. Big time trap game. Hope I'm wrong and we pound em. But I'm not feeling great about this one.
we're a P5 team that won 10 games last year...

Is this a road game against holy cross? certainly not, but you should expect cuse to win this pretty easily.

I go back and forth feeling exactly like you do. Then I realize that this is a new era for Syracuse and I'll be shocked if we don't come out just as motivated to pound them. From everything Dino is saying I think he really likes this team and expects a lot out of them.

I watched the North Texas St vs Liberty game where NTSt beat them 47-7...I hate to say this publicly but Liberty is not a good football team.

I think he misunderstood the instructions to jump into the garbage can.

Maryland would be considered a trap game with Clemson waiting in the wings the next weekend. Losing to Liberty would just be one of the worst losses in football ever for Syracuse. There's no trap involved. We should win by a minimum of 21-24 points, anything else is just a bad game.

Maryland would be considered a trap game with Clemson waiting in the wings the next weekend. Losing to Liberty would just be one of the worst losses in football ever for Syracuse. There's no trap involved. We should win by a minimum of 21-24 points, anything else is just a bad game.

Let's have no coaching goofs like against WMU last year.

We will be their Super Bowl.