Liberty Tailgate, Saturday August 31st

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Winchester is pretty far from Lynchburg. Are you just driving in for the game and driving out afterward?
Driving in and out...yeah it is about 2+45 each way (at normal speeds). I expect about 3 hours for the tailgate. No sense in going overboard as drinking has to be low key. It will be a long day but the drive home on Sunday will be much nicer.

orange_in_VA

Starter
Driving in and out...yeah it is about 2+45 each way (at normal speeds). I expect about 3 hours for the tailgate. No sense in going overboard as drinking has to be low key. It will be a long day but the drive home on Sunday will be much nicer.
Gotcha. Winchester is a really cool little city

Consigliere

All Conference
Confirmed for two. We will stay Friday and Saturday at the Hilton Garden Inn in Lynchburg, drive to the Hilton resort in Ocean City, Maryland for five nights then head to College Park with two nights at the HGI in Greenbelt, Md.
Can’t wait!

Roger N

Beer: Ask your Doctor If It's Right For you
A must see for history fans near Lynchburg, Va Appromattix Court House Va

Appromattix Court House is about 30 miles east of Lynchburg. It is the hamlet where Lee surrendered to Grant.to end the Civil War. It is a National Park and you have to park a 1/4 mile or so away. It is just like it was in 1865. You can almost visualize Lee's Cavalry galloping in from the West. The Park Service has the Rangers dressed up like Civil War soldiers who give an account of the last few days of the war. Wow, one of the best things I have ever done. Since you are going to be so close you just have to go there.

Last edited:

creatorsgame

Liquid Swords
A must see for history fans near Lynchburg, Va Appromattix Court House Va

Appromattix Court House is about 30 miles east of Lynchburg. It is a National Park and you have to park a 1/4 or so away. It is just like it was in 1865. You can almost visualize Lee's Cavalry galloping in from the West. The Park Service has the Rangers dressed up like Civil War soldiers who give an account of the last few days of the war. Wow, one of the best things I have ever done. Since you are going to be so close you just have to go there.
This is a must for me. Almost more excited about going here than the actual game.

Almost.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Update:. Absolutely no new requests. I've doubled in size the last few days. I have another road trip the next week at Maryland that is even bigger. Existing folks please massage your numbers. I will let you adjust your numbers up/down within reason.

OburgOrange

Football Costume Critic
Update:. Absolutely no new requests. I've doubled in size the last few days. I have another road trip the next week at Maryland that is even bigger. Existing folks please massage your numbers. I will let you adjust your numbers up/down within reason.
4 please

WorryWart

Walk On
Called Liberty Ticket office. They don't expect single tickets to go on sale until mid summer. He expects the the Syracuse game will be $45 per ticket. This is their biggest game ever and they don't expect to do a group rate. He expects the game to cost $45 per ticket. Our game will easily be half the price of a season ticket. This year the cheapest season ticket will be $70.

With that info, I will not be sponsoring a group buy. I recommend you just purchase game tickets through SU. It appears will be be seated in Section 210.

However, I expect a tailgate to get organized. Add your headcount below and anything you think you can provide.

Liberty Flames Football

TexanMark 2-3?
.i'm new to the tailgate.. could you fill me in on where that's done & some particulars about anything else I need to know! Thank you

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
.i'm new to the tailgate.. could you fill me in on where that's done & some particulars about anything else I need to know! Thank you
Not sure what you are asking?

Unfortunately, I'm done taking new ticket requests. You can buy tickets through SU at the appropriate time. For Liberty we plan to identify a location and meet up there. It will be a bit more staid due to Liberty's rules on alcohol.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
TexanMark 2-3 (Orangello, Jerry C.?) (3 Drinkers)
44Jack 2
SUbear 2
Consigliere 2
orange_in_va 2 ($5 each for food--they will bring their own microbrews/solo cups)
Headmaster 2 (5 non-drinkers)
DocFlanders 6
JRHeeter 2
Phenomenon 7 (5 non-drinkers/ 2 kids 5 and under)
Deano 2 (2 drinkers)
Creatorsgame 2
CuseJuicy 1
Tarpon Springs Dennis 16 (Will help with food and logistics)
BigMike 2 ( 2 drinkers)

I have 51 tickets confirmed. At this moment I'll buy 54-55 tix to keep the group flexible. If your group grows let me know ASAP and I will try to accommodate. As long as I have not purchased yet: no problem if you cancel or reduce your ticket request size.

Ticket pricing was $35 as quoted to me. I expect a $10-15 handling fee to be rolled into the tailgate fee. Tailgate fee will be $10 for adults and $5 for minors and non-drinkers. I will ask for electronic tickets and will email your tickets sometime in July or August. Parking location and pricing is still TBD.

We Are Closed for now. I will take a wait list request.

OburgOrange's request for 4 was eant for the Duke board.

Last edited:

Jake

Mod
Staff member
When do we expect game time for the opener to be announced?

I’m possibly driving to SC that weekend and would love to just do s drive by for the game.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
When do we expect game time for the opener to be announced?

I’m possibly driving to SC that weekend and would love to just do s drive by for the game.
Jake ESPN usually releases game times for most ESPN Broadcast properties late May for the first three weeks of the season. Liberty is an ESPN property. I expect this game will be on ESPNU. Why don't you request tickets through me. Liberty won't be selling tickets to me until early July so you have a chance to cancel your request.

Jake

Mod
Staff member
Jake ESPN usually releases game times for most ESPN Broadcast properties late May for the first three weeks of the season. Liberty is an ESPN property. I expect this game will be on ESPNU. Why don't you request tickets through me. Liberty won't be selling tickets to me until early July so you have a chance to cancel your request.
It’d just be me. I’m not sure if I can make it until I see kick time.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
It’d just be me. I’m not sure if I can make it until I see kick time.
Ok I'll put you down for 1 ticket. Once the TV schedule comes out, let me know.

We are sitting at 52 ticket requests. 2 are still iffy. Right now I'll be buying 55 or so tickets

Last edited:

OrangeTarheel

2018 Cali Winner: Passing TDs
I forgot these threads have their own location now. We’ll be there with kegs if the ironically named Liberty folks allow it.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Has the box office announced a date yet for when single game tickets will go on sale? Probably will come up from Raleigh and may have a small group.
I don't think they know for sure. I think Liberty is not quite in tuned that visiting fans plan months in advance. It might be mid July. Hence why I'm trying to keep the requests down.

SU should be able to take orders sometime pretty soon for donors and STH'ers. Others a bit after that. I expect tickets will be $45 each plus fees.

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I forgot these threads have their own location now. We’ll be there with kegs if the ironically named Liberty folks allow it.
Love to have some awesome beer from NC but it is a dry campus. We will be drinking but more low key.

Top Bottom