Liberty University | Syracusefan.com

Liberty University

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlegend44

Scout Team
Is there a reason we are opening the season with a true road game against Liberty University? Seems like a strange scheduling decision and I was wondering if there is something obvious it.

I guess it's just sports.
I would prefer Syracuse wasn't partners in anyway with this school, though.

Think we signed the contract before the ‘ceo’ of the school started getting publicity. Tend to think as long as that idiot is there no one with other d1 offers will dream of playing for them. Would be shocked to not pick up 3 lopsided wins vs them.

It’s hard to get 2 for 1.

We also didn’t know FSU was going to go into the dumpster it was looking like we had 2 preseason top 5 opponents annually on the schedule and had to offset it.

To each their own, but I personally compartmentalize (a) how I feel about an institution and (b) playing them in sports.

If we play a game against Penn State which has a dark recent history, or Michigan State which has a dark recent history, or Liberty which is a borderline clown college, whatever. It's just football. I'm going to enjoy the game and leave big-picture stuff for another time.

what could me more fun, and northerly inappropriate than singing the "hey song" at a religious school after every touchdown?

I'm kidding, Im kidding...kind of :)

Yeah giving yourself essentially and additional 14 days before the home opener with an ongoing construction project which I am sure already has a tight schedule is not a bad idea, not a bad idea at all.

Stuff happens and it happens quite often, and that home opener appears to be the biggest home game in some time

They scheduled just fine

what could me more fun, and northerly inappropriate than singing the "hey song" at a religious school after every touchdown?

I'm kidding, Im kidding...kind of :)
What? I heard from the other posters that we were morally superior. I'm so confused. :confused:

What? I heard from the other posters that we were morally superior. I'm so confused. :confused:

"In 2015 Liberty revised the honor code to give students the freedom to watch rated "R" movies and to play video games rated "M"."

I'm pretty sure SU only allows it's students to watch movies PG-13 or less, so I believe we are still morally superior to Liberty because of that.

It’s disgusting that my alma mater is playing there. And tacitly supporting that madrassa. Sorry - can’t sugar coat it.[ his

Coach Babers is a Christian,His Wife and Kids are Christians ,His son in Law and his Father are Christians,The late Football Coach he idolized is a Christian,His son in Law met his daughter at a Fellowship of Christian Athletes gathering. Now are you going to boycott your Alma Maters Football Games because of it. BTW Amos Alonzo Stagg was a Christian.. can't sugar coat it
Post tenebras Lux..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors