License Plate Game | Syracusefan.com

License Plate Game

ScrabbCuse

Starter
I have an app on my phone where I track all the US and Canadian license plates I see. Does anyone else do this for fun? In the four months or so I’ve been playing, I have seen 44 of the 51 US plates including DC. In that time, I’ve been mainly in the northeast but spent a week in Florida as well. Still haven’t seen a plate from Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana or Wyoming. Figured the first two would be difficult as it’s not the continental US but surprised even in the south I didn’t see a Mississippi plate. Any plates you have had a hard time finding in your areas?

I have an app on my phone where I track all the US and Canadian license plates I see. Does anyone else do this for fun? In the four months or so I’ve been playing, I have seen 44 of the 51 US plates including DC. In that time, I’ve been mainly in the northeast but spent a week in Florida as well. Still haven’t seen a plate from Alaska, Hawaii, New Mexico, Idaho, Mississippi, Montana or Wyoming. Figured the first two would be difficult as it’s not the continental US but surprised even in the south I didn’t see a Mississippi plate. Any plates you have had a hard time finding in your areas?
We play every road trip. Don't see much of the upper plains until you start to head west.

My wife and I do this every relatively-long trip we take (or when on vaca in FL). We do it the old-fashioned way - I see them and she writes them down. :)

Swing by the finger lakes. You might bump into my dad rolling around in his camper with Alaska plates.

Oddly enough, 10 years ago, the day before we started our drive to Alaska I was sitting at a red light in Penn Yan, NY. The car in front of us had a plate that read "Gn2Alaska" or something like that. Was crazy

alaska.jpg

Best one I ever saw was Northwest Territories.
Have seen Puerto Rico.
Saw Hawaii the other day.
Shaped like a polar bear, right? Or am I thinking of a difference province?

Shaped like a polar bear, right? Or am I thinking of a difference province?
I don’t recall, to be honest.

Saw an Idaho plate last night when I was heading out to dinner. We get tons of passers through up here. I’ve seen both Alaska and Hawaii up this way as well

Swing by the finger lakes. You might bump into my dad rolling around in his camper with Alaska plates.

Oddly enough, 10 years ago, the day before we started our drive to Alaska I was sitting at a red light in Penn Yan, NY. The car in front of us had a plate that read "Gn2Alaska" or something like that. Was crazy
On my way to a wedding in Boston. Saw an Alaska plate outside Worcester! Stoked!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom