Like the Youth | Syracusefan.com

Like the Youth

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
that is getting a lot of time on the field.

For much of the game we had two frosh and a soph at LB.

Frosh, Micah Robinson is getting snaps. (Where is Eric Crume?)

Frosh, Foster and West were both at wideout for a few snaps.

Frosh, Fisher punting.

Sophs, Anderson, Wilkes, Lyn, PTG, Bromley, Wales et. al.

And the special teams sophs and frosh.

My concern. Compared to the past two years, we are clearly not hitting hard enough - we are not physical enough at point of attack on defense and we are not getting to or hurrying the QB enough.

I am impressed with Ryan Nassib - he seems to be going through his progressions quite well.

The run after catch by Provo is the highlight of the year for me.

Bottom line - a win is a win, is a win. We're 3-1.

did Crume get nicked up? he didnt play last week and not sure this week either? not too late for a RS if he really is not going to play much..

Agree on 3-1 and a win is a win.

The local media is terrible - terrible - at getting insights on injuries (Chandler) or whatever issues kept Crume away.

We do not have a ton of youth on O. They should be firing on many more cylinders.

I would take Craig Forth at center any day over Macky. (rimshot).

Defensive youth is exciting and frustrating...this year. Next year? Hot damn I am excited.

3-1. Proud of it. This team figures out ways to win. Since 2003, not many games you could say that about and I'd argue we have two under our belt already (after not having one since perhaps the Northwestern game in '09).

Future is great.

The tackling is generally still too high. We have got to get some playmakers who can take a guy down on their own. Would be nice to see some more penetration from the line. All things that can improve; I just hope Marrone and his staff have kids who can make the necessary improvements. My hunch is he does but time will tell.

The tackling is generally still too high. We have got to get some playmakers who can take a guy down on their own. Would be nice to see some more penetration from the line. All things that can improve; I just hope Marrone and his staff have kids who can make the necessary improvements. My hunch is he does but time will tell.
Yes!

We tackle too high!

I rarely see us tackle below the waist and that is hurting us.

It nearly cost us today.

Tackling must improve.

The local media is terrible - terrible - at getting insights on injuries (Chandler) or whatever issues kept Crume away.

Not the media's fault. Marrone only gives out limited information on injuries.

From his post-game presser (when asked about Spruill not starting):

“Everyone here knows where I stand with the injury rule. I wish it was like the NFL where you could just tell everyone because I know that the media has a job to do, and I have a job to do to protect the team".

As someone in the communications industry, if my only source out there was public statements from the head coach, I'd be considered mediocre at what I do.

Agree on 3-1 and a win is a win.

We do not have a ton of youth on O. They should be firing on many more cylinders.

I would take Craig Forth at center any day over Macky. (rimshot).

Defensive youth is exciting and frustrating...this year. Next year? Hot damn I am excited.

3-1. Proud of it. This team figures out ways to win. Since 2003, not many games you could say that about and I'd argue we have two under our belt already (after not having one since perhaps the Northwestern game in '09).

Future is great.

Agreed--we knew that the defense would take a step backwards this year after losing key contributors to offseason attrition. Tackling has been terrible, but we'll have a much more experienced foundation returning on defense next year.

Future looks bright.

that is getting a lot of time on the field.

For much of the game we had two frosh and a soph at LB.

Frosh, Micah Robinson is getting snaps. (Where is Eric Crume?)

Frosh, Foster and West were both at wideout for a few snaps.

Frosh, Fisher punting.

Sophs, Anderson, Wilkes, Lyn, PTG, Bromley, Wales et. al.

And the special teams sophs and frosh.

My concern. Compared to the past two years, we are clearly not hitting hard enough - we are not physical enough at point of attack on defense and we are not getting to or hurrying the QB enough.

I am impressed with Ryan Nassib - he seems to be going through his progressions quite well.

The run after catch by Provo is the highlight of the year for me.

Bottom line - a win is a win, is a win. We're 3-1.

Talk about youth, I count 20 sophomores and freshman on the two deep. All but 2 (Trudo/Foy) get serious runs with 6 being starters.

Talk about youth, I count 20 sophomores and freshman on the two deep. All but 2 (Trudo/Foy) get serious runs with 6 being starters.

Defense 2 deep:

11 freshman and sophomores

Starters = 3 sophs and 1 freshman

Backups = 3 sophs and 4 freshman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online