Likely date for ND's 2022 visit to the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Likely date for ND's 2022 visit to the Dome

SU94

Starter
Informative post here (other than September does not have 31 days).
The Golden Domers are coming to our Dome next year, we knew this.
But I don't think the date has been officially revealed.

It'll be Oct. 1 ...
  • The post actually offers two dates, Oct. 1 or Nov. 19.
  • Both dates are second game of back-to-back road games for the Irish. Looking back, ND has performed quite well the last decade playing consecutive road games, but I think it is undeniable that this is a greater challenge for any team as opposed to playing a single road game.
  • However, it seems unlikely that ND would play three November road games in three straight weekends (only 14 days) in Baltimore/Navy, Syracuse and Los Angeles/USC.
  • So, Oct. 1 seems to be, assuming there is no chicanery involved (aka shuffling of games/dates), the date we will see the Irish in CNY. The Irish also have not slapped a date on BC's visit to South Bend, which will fit nicely on Nov. 19.
  • The Oct. 1 date would be SU's third home game in three weeks (Sept. 17 vs. Wagner, Sept. 24 vs. Purdue).
(near end of post)

Is there something in the contract that doesn't allow them to play on Fridays? I know ABC/ESPN never buries ND road games but this wouldn't be a bad move to guarantee its not up against better games in the same time slot.

It'll be Oct. 1 ...
  • Both dates are second game of back-to-back road games for the Irish. Looking back, ND has performed quite well the last decade playing consecutive road games, but I think it is undeniable that this is a greater challenge for any team as opposed to playing a single road game.
  • However, it seems unlikely that ND would play three November road games in three straight weekends (only 14 days) in Baltimore/Navy, Syracuse and Los Angeles/USC.
  • So, Oct. 1 seems to be, assuming there is no chicanery involved (aka shuffling of games/dates), the date we will see the Irish in CNY. The Irish also have not slapped a date on BC's visit to South Bend, which will fit nicely on Nov. 19.
  • The Oct. 1 date would be SU's third home game in three weeks (Sept. 17 vs. Wagner, Sept. 24 vs. Purdue).
(near end of post)
Cool. The Purdue and ND buses can pass each other on the Thruway.

I'm so excited to have ND in the Dome. The 2003 game was a blast (a total whiteout outside if I remember correctly). I'm just done with games at MetLife.
Yup. I remember the tailgate being a blizzard. I also remember we whooped some Irish aśš that night too

Will the price of season tickets go up with Notre Dame on the schedule?

Absolutely

they were supposed to go up last season but Covid derailed it, then they were going to go up this season but after only winning a single game they didn’t want to risk it.

Season tickets will absolutely increase for next season

Absolutely

they were supposed to go up last season but Covid derailed it, then they were going to go up this season but after only winning a single game they didn’t want to risk it.

Season tickets will absolutely increase for next season
or the ticket will stay the same but the auto donation amount will increase

If we make it to a bowl (and we should) I could see College Gameday being here for this one.

It'll be Oct. 1 ...
(near end of post)
Guess I might be closing my camp Oct 2nd next year.

Friday night game please!! I have my nephews wedding on October 1st. :(:(:(

Welp….daughter’s wedding is OCT 1 next year! Sunofab…

Yeah, please go ahead and turn off your phone during the ceremony. Because I’m going to text you at least a thousand times.