Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall | Syracusefan.com

Limited seating, masks, temperature checks? What can SU football fans expect at the Carrier Dome this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

How many fans and where they will sit also remain topics for discussion. Wildhack noted that models for the number of fans allowed inside a stadium or arena range from 25 to 33 to 50 percent of capacity.

“We’re building various models and you see around the country, some are 25 percent, 50 percent, one-third,’’ Wildhack said. “We’re just really doing our due diligence.’’

In a model with fan access limited to 33 percent of capacity, Syracuse would be able to seat roughly 16,000 fans in the Carrier Dome.

In that scenario, Wildhack said certain fans would receive preference.

“We’ve placed our priorities on … our season-ticket holders, our premium seat holders and our student season-ticket holders,’’ Wildhack said, adding, “I think students are a really, really important part of this experience.’’

Wildhack said it was just impossible to have definitive answers on many topics that are important to fans right now because of the potential for so much change between now and the Orange’s Sept. 19 home game against Colgate.

“You can’t state anything definitively at this point because there’s still so much that we don’t know that we’ll learn as we go forward,’’ he said. “It’s all to be determined.’’

It will probably be a little disappointing when they say we need to take your temperature and I drop my drawers. Only to find out their using temporal lobe thermometers. Sir, we just need to swipe your forehead!

Wait, not disappointing, I meant embarrassing.

It will probably be a little disappointing when they say we need to take your temperature and I drop my drawers. Only to find out their using temporal lobe thermometers. Sir, we just need to swipe your forehead!

Wait, not disappointing, I meant embarrassing.
Maybe if you put your request in early...

What if someone refuses to wear a mask or take a temp check? what if its someone from another thread thats a friend of Bees?

What if by then they get the rapid testing figured out and want to do random spot tests and someone says no.

Looks like people may want to read the fine print of the tickets before they buy to know what they are signing up for this yr and what constitutional rights they are giving away.

What if someone refuses to wear a mask or take a temp check? what if its someone from another thread thats a friend of Bees?

What if by then they get the rapid testing figured out and want to do random spot tests and someone says no.

Looks like people may want to read the fine print of the tickets before they buy to know what they are signing up for this yr and what constitutional rights they are giving away.
The more research that comes in , the more positive results we get on masks. Put disclaimer on tickets , no mask ,watch on TV.

The temperature check is done by a machine that scans your body.

I got no problem with limited capacity.

Each season ticket holder should get 2 games and then rollover the remainder of cost to next year’s tickets.

You aren’t going to get fans to wear masks indoors for the September games due to heat.

well we also have no idea just how hot the new place will be with a different rook and the ability to actrually open doors and windows and use fans to move air now. also with 1/3 the number of people spread out

Hey Stern please note; Wildhack noted that models for the number of fans allowed inside a stadium or arena range from 25 to 33 to 50 percent of capacity.

Each season ticket holder should get 2 games and then rollover the remainder of cost to next year’s tickets.

Even at 33% capacity I expect most season ticket holders will be able to attend most games, but I agree with a tiered Pick three or Pick four approach to ensure ALL season ticket holders get to multiple games. To optimize there needs to be a methodology that minimizes no shows. Whether this is a buy back program or some other mechanism we need to ensure that fans granted access get to attend. This is an issue with students and, to some degree, corporate donors with blocks of prime seats. Last thing you want is to unnecessarily shut out lower level season ticket holders or even casual fans that can be cultivated into future STHers.

The temperature check is done by a machine that scans your body.

You aren’t going to get fans to wear masks indoors for the September games due to heat.
My son wears one his entire shift at work. 4 to 8 hours. Not ideal but doable. I seriously doubt you will have fans without them.

Even at 33% capacity I expect most season ticket holders will be able to attend most games, but I agree with a tiered Pick three or Pick four approach to ensure ALL season ticket holders get to multiple games. To optimize there needs to be a methodology that minimizes no shows. Whether this is a buy back program or some other mechanism we need to ensure that fans granted access get to attend. This is an issue with students and, to some degree, corporate donors with blocks of prime seats. Last thing you want is to unnecessarily shut out lower level season ticket holders or even casual fans that can be cultivated into future STHers.

I agree with you. I understand students being at the game is important, but being 100% real, they are the least of my concerns. Their section is emptied out well before the end of the game. Of course many others leave early, but not like the students. I'd be very upset if I saw their sections 80% empty, while I'm watching at home knowing I'd be there.

The issues i see is that masks work for short bursts not for 3-4 hours.

Masks should be fine if you are not coughing, sneezing or talking/shouting too much. Just sit in your seat and keep your mouth shut. Just think, a game where you can hear a pin drop and perfect sight-lines. The guy who sits behind me and is always asking us to sit down will love this scenario.

The more research that comes in , the more positive results we get on masks. Put disclaimer on tickets , no mask ,watch on TV.

They should give out SU branded masks to everyone who enters.

And increase the pay for ushers, since they will have to police it.

Masks should be fine if you are not coughing, sneezing or talking/shouting too much. Just sit in your seat and keep your mouth shut. Just think, a game where you can hear a pin drop and perfect sight-lines. The guy who sits behind me and is always asking us to sit down will love this scenario.
I'm going to record me screaming with some crowd noise on my phone. Then, I'll bring a cordless speaker and off we go...

Is the deal going to be "wear a mask unless you are eating or drinking"? I feel like that allows for a lot or gray area. Do you pull it back up between bites? After the food is gone? Is there no eating or drinking?

I would love if they opened up the area between Heroy and the Dome as an external concessions plaza. Now that they are getting rid of the air supported roof, they may have that flexibility. If nothing else it would get some of the concessions lines and crowds around there shorter

The issues i see is that masks work for short bursts not for 3-4 hours.
It's not healthy to wear one for 3 or 4 hours who wants to put up with that when they can watch the game at home? And here is the thing with the taking temperature. Let's say your down south in warm weather they aren't going to be accurate because of the heat.

Allot of things are still being worked out and there is still allot of time. My guess is once they are ready to notify everyone they will and they will provide FAQs, a few emails and maybe depending direct calls with STHs to discuss options for games, rollovers, etc..

It's not healthy to wear one for 3 or 4 hours who wants to put up with that when they can watch the game at home? And here is the thing with the taking temperature. Let's say your down south in warm weather they aren't going to be accurate because of the heat.
Wow, I never knew you could never have your temperature taken if you live in the South !

My son wears one his entire shift at work. 4 to 8 hours. Not ideal but doable. I seriously doubt you will have fans without them.

Without air conditioning, you're going to see people get fussy wearing a face covering. I already do because of how warm it gets. It gets increasingly harder to breathe with one.

Wow, I never knew you could never have your temperature taken if you live in the South !
Did I say that? If your in 99 degree heat isn't your temperature going to be increased?

Man if I just went by the postings on the football forum over the years complaining about the oppressive Syracuse weather, you'd think we're located in the deep south.

Status
Not open for further replies.