Lineup changes | Syracusefan.com

Lineup changes

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
JB typically doesn’t tinker with lineups unless we’re struggling. So I do expect to see some changes soon.

Marek needs to play significantly more minutes. For an offense that runs no set plays and struggles with ball movement we need him out there. Did we all forget the tail end of last year where he started to come on? Other than Frank he’s the only one who thinks about setting other players up. This offense needs this unselfishness and passing desperately.

Hughes should move to the 2 so MD can get his minutes. Hughes plays more like a guard anyway. If he has to sit behind Battle so be it. His skill set is redundant and they are both black holes unfortunately.

shu 49

All Conference
JB typically doesn’t tinker with lineups unless we’re struggling. So I do expect to see some changes soon.

Marek needs to play significantly more minutes. For an offense that runs no set plays and struggles with ball movement we need him out there. Did we all forget the tail end of last year where he started to come on? Other than Frank he’s the only one who thinks about setting other players up. This offense needs this unselfishness and passing desperately.

Hughes should move to the 2 so MD can get his minutes. Hughes plays more like a guard anyway. If he has to sit behind Battle so be it. His skill set is redundant and they are both black holes unfortunately.
I agree. I honestly feel Hughes should get ten min at 2 and ten at f. He should be the sixth man. He can light it up. Downside is marek has to play 35 min for us to be good. 30 at forward.

DonLightfoot

All Conference
I'm anxious to see if Buddy gets much action today. He really struggled against the pressing guards of Uconn and was ineffective on defense as well. If Oregon does not have the same pressure he may have some chances for some good looks. Other adjustments as noted above will no doubt be considered.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I'm anxious to see if Buddy gets much action today. He really struggled against the pressing guards of Uconn and was ineffective on defense as well. If Oregon does not have the same pressure he may have some chances for some good looks. Other adjustments as noted above will no doubt be considered.
I would think Oregon (and others this season) will replicate some of Yukon's successes vs Cuse but I highly doubt any of them will shoot 50+% from three

Col. Bleep

All American
Marek needs to play significantly more minutes...This offense needs this unselfishness and passing desperately.
The ball moved A LOT better with Marek in the game.
And as it turned out he also improved the defense...which really isn't saying much.

Janner

Starter
Play him at the 2. Not enough capable guards on this roster, especially when everyone is healthy.

I agree. If Battle is at the 1, Hughes at the 2 makes sense. Hughes is not a great rebounder at the 3 and that was an issue for us last night. Marek at the 3, OB at the 4 and Chukwu at the 5 is the best line up to solve that issue and is also a defensively strong one. It also take a shooter off the floor, which isn't a bad thing when you have Battle, Hughes and OB needing lots of touches. If you have a 4th guy needing to get their shots up then it has a trickle down effect on the other scorers. I would like to see this line up more going forward especially with Frank being out for a while.

UelSU

All Conference
I think OB should come off the bench with MD starting honestly...but I trust in JB.

br801

Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading Scorer
I agree. If Battle is at the 1, Hughes at the 2 makes sense. Hughes is not a great rebounder at the 3 and that was an issue for us last night. Marek at the 3, OB at the 4 and Chukwu at the 5 is the best line up to solve that issue and is also a defensively strong one. It also take a shooter off the floor, which isn't a bad thing when you have Battle, Hughes and OB needing lots of touches. If you have a 4th guy needing to get their shots up then it has a trickle down effect on the other scorers. I would like to see this line up more going forward especially with Frank being out for a while.
I wasn't being serious. Your lineup leaves three of your four best ballhandling guards on the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldyGopher

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom