Would this be fairly accurate?

C - DC2/BMK
PF - Rak/Grant
SF - Fair/Dirty
SG - Triche/Cooney
PG - MCW/Mookie*

Starters are first.

* If he comes back

I really doubt that it will happen, but I like XMas' prospects at the center of the zone. I think it'd be good to have a quick, athletic big man develop back there. Unfortunately, that's not the way that the roster is playing out.

Would this be fairly accurate?

C - DC2/BMK
PF - Rak/Grant
SF - Fair/Dirty
SG - Triche/Cooney
PG - MCW/Mookie*

Starters are first.

* If he comes back
Mookie won't take more than 100 dribbles next year. The rest looks about right.

C - DC2/BMK
PF - Rak/Dirty
SF - Fair/Dirty/Grant
SG - Triche/Cooooney
PG - MCW/Triche

C - DC2/BMK
PF - Rak/Dirty
SF - Fair/Dirty/Grant
SG - Triche/Cooooney
PG - MCW/Triche

In OOC games I can see Grant getting spot minutes at the 4 also

Keita has a better chance of playing point guard than Mookie Jones.

Grant has to redshirt, imo. Not even close to being ready, neither strength-wise nor skill-wise.

Here's my take on what is likely to happen:

C - DC2/Rak/BMK

PF - Rak/CJ/Grant

SF - CJ/Dirty

SG - Brandon/Cooney

PG - MCW/Brandon

Big issue here is Rak @ PF. He did not play it very well last season. He will have to really adjust his game to be able to get minutes there. DC2 is certainly a PF possibility. I would like to see BMK get a shot at PF if DC2 can give us a legit post-up threat at the five. BMK could cover the ground at PF easily & would be a nightmare on D. He doesn't contribute anything on the O end anyways. I would not; however, want to see BMK & Rak playing together - not enough O.

C - DC2/BMK
PF - Rak/Dirty
SF - Fair/Dirty/Grant
SG - Triche/Cooooney
PG - MCW/Triche

It might take Mookie 30 MPG to get those 100 dribbles in.

Agree with Newmexicuse. But I don't see BMK or Grant getting many minutes, assuming DC2 and Rak perform as we expect them to. DC2 and Rak split the minutes at center. CJ, Southerland and Rak split the minutes at forward. Triche Cooney and MCW split the guard minutes.

It will be a classic , versitile, 7 man rotation that JB loves to run, with Triche and CJ on the floor 35-38 minutes in all the big games.

Agree with Newmexicuse. But I don't see BMK or Grant getting many minutes, assuming DC2 and Rak perform as we expect them to. DC2 and Rak split the minutes at center. CJ, Southerland and Rak split the minutes at forward. Triche Cooney and MCW split the guard minutes.

It will be a classic , versitile, 7 man rotation that JB loves to run, with Triche and CJ on the floor 35-38 minutes in all the big games.
Agree. Keita may only be worth 5 fouls next year :noidea:

Grant has to redshirt, imo. Not even close to being ready, neither strength-wise nor skill-wise.
Not going to happen. Right now he's the 9th scholarship player. There is no way JB goes from the deepest team in the country to only 8 scholarship players.

I think we revert to JB's usual 7 man rotation plus a few min for BMK and Grant.

PG- MCW/Triche
SG- Triche/TC/Mookie if he's back
SF- Fair/JS/Grant
PF- Rak/JS/Grant
C- DC2/Rak/BMK

I see MCW, Triche, TC getting all important minutes in backcourt obviously. JS is first off the bench in frontcourt no matter who comes out. Fair goes out obviously he slides in there, same with Rak. If DC2 goes out Rak slides to C and JS plays the 4. Only foul trouble, emergency, or need to sub 2 guys at once get freshman Grant or a bit less talented BMK in.

Not going to happen. Right now he's the 9th scholarship player. There is no way JB goes from the deepest team in the country to only 8 scholarship players.

You're probably right. Which is too bad, because he's not even close to being able to contribute.

Am I crazy to think that for small pockets of time vs. certain teams that Fair can sub in at a G position? I just don't think Mookie is going to be the answer if there is foul trouble with Triche, MCW and Cooney.

My thoughts too. The best Grant can hope for is the role that MCW had this year, but I doubt that.

Southerland's progress this summer might be the most important of anyones...

5 DC2, BMK, Rak
4 RAK, Dirty
3 CJ, Dirty, Grant
2 BT, Cooney, Mookie
1 MCW, BT

Grant will not be red shirted ... too short a bench next year and from what I have seen from vids Grant has real potential. DC2 will start but may meet the same fate as Fab and RAK if he screws up. You may see RAK coming in before BMK at the 5 ... he did a credible job with Fab out. We are weak at the 4 as RAK is a better 5 and is more comfortable at that position. Dirty is gonna get a lot more time next year so he better get over his slumps and up his game a while bunch. Wouldn't be surprised to see Grant spelling CJ especially early in the season. People are saying we are short at the 1 & 2 but we have a good rotation between BT, White Hot, and MCW. This will be MCW's team. IMO we are weak at the 4 ... the position I believe that NN was being recruited. Mookie may get more minutes but unless he has upped his game, big time, he will continue to be last off the bench

next year's lineup posts in april always crack me up ! i'm sure Xmas was 10pt/10bds last yr.

next year's lineup posts in april always crack me up ! i'm sure Xmas was 10pt/10bds last yr.

It's a better discussion than the Noel threads and the threads bashing on Jake and the others...

I'm probably out to lunch but I just don't see Rak starting. I think JS will start instead.

I'm probably out to lunch but I just don't see Rak starting. I think JS will start instead.
Rak was starting at PF this past year. Now in '12-'13 there will once again be no real PF. It seems reasonable that Rak will once again start at PF. Rak is a former McD who JB (and probably Rak too) want to convert to a PF. He will probably be given every opportunity to make that happen.

If Rak doesn't pan out at the PF, it's possible he gets the backup position at the 5, kind of like RJ to AO in the past. At that time Dirty would come in as a sub.

C dc2/rak/keita
Pf rak/CJ/grant
Sf Dirty/CJ/grant
Sg triche/cooney/mookie
Pg mcw/triche

I think Dirty gets the start as senior plus if you are playing Rak and DC2 at the same time your SF must space the floor and James is far better than CJ in that regard. Truthfully I think CJ and Dirty will be on the floor together 30mins a game. with Rak and DC2 in the middle.

Am I crazy to think that for small pockets of time vs. certain teams that Fair can sub in at a G position? I just don't think Mookie is going to be the answer if there is foul trouble with Triche, MCW and Cooney.

Come big east time, playing CJ at the point versus a high pressure team would not be too pretty unless he improves a lot.