Lisbon, Portugal | Syracusefan.com

Lisbon, Portugal

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
Heading there this summer after putting the trip off for two years. Any thoughts on best places to go? Must do? And must don’t? Any advice is welcome.

Heading there this summer after putting the trip off for two years. Any thoughts on best places to go? Must do? And must don’t? Any advice is welcome.

Hopefully not a silly question but if you're going with your wife/partner go to the museo de coches. Basically a museum of old royal coaches. The ladies usually love royal artifacts.

Also go to the castle sao Jorge and Belem tower. Lisbon I always considered a smaller but more authentic Barcelona.

I didn’t spend anytime in Lisbon but did go to Sintra which is very close. Loved this place. Adega Regional de Colares

Also it was rich in history with plenty of castle tours and a number of beautiful views around the area. Really enjoyed the landscape.

I've been to Europe 20-30 times. Lisbon was one of my favorite cities. A bit gritty on the trains and in the "gut", but really a gem.

Take the ferry across the harbor. The cheap and good food gets even better and cheaper. Walk to the giant Jesus statue.

Also, if you take the train into town watch your wallet. There are lots of pickpockets. I literally found a uniformed police offer and stood shoulder to shoulder with him to try to detract attempts.

Other than the "gut" it is a very nice city. The hills require a lot of leg strength (if you're not in good shape, exercise now), but they also offer tremendous views of this often overlooked gem of a city. Another thing that comes to mind is that their "Sardines" are either really huge, or are really just small fish. I ordered 10 at a restaurant across the harbor and it was WAY too much. I cannot stress taking the ferry across the harbor enough. Good places, that are not touristy at all and very cheap. Worth the short ferry ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom