little tidbits | Syracusefan.com

little tidbits

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
None of this will probably be groundbreaking but its atleast some info I received over the weekend

-best player on the roster right now is GMIII. my source said carries will be hard to come by this year but morris has blown away everyone. was told hes going to be a better walter reyes.

-assuming he doesnt show up on campus missing an arm, expect allen to be our starting qb

-best incoming recurit is corey cooper. however him getting qualified is going to be a stretch, ditto for estime. the person said because of the timing when marrone left, the staff had to start targeting kids other schools were backing off of. so theyre attempting to hit some homeruns with these hoping they qualify, but are assuming 1 or 2 wont.

-when I asked about AB, said his ankle has been an issue since he got here. like everyone knows the athletic gifts are there, but the ankle is hampering him, as well as some playbook knowledge.

-the ron thompson move had a lot to do with him out growing the TE position. said right now hes nearly at 270. the hip is holding up fine right now and theyre not expecting any problems there.

-hickey is our best lineman this person said. theyre expecting him to be as good as pugh. so some major praise there.

-work should be starting around july on the indoor facility, and completed by the spring assuming all goes well.

Hope some of this info atleast holds us over for a bit!

-the ron thompson move had a lot to do with him out growing the TE position. said right now hes nearly at 270. the hip is holding up fine right now and theyre not expecting any problems there.

I hope Sugar Bear can't get enough Super Golden Crisp, and by Super Golden Crisp, I mean tackling guys in the backfield.

Not shooting the messenger in any way, but if GMIII approximates Reyes, holy crap.

And if Thompson is approaching 270, I wonder if he has a future at LT [a la Andrew Dees, Mark Banewicz].

None of this will probably be groundbreaking but its atleast some info I received over the weekend

-best player on the roster right now is GMIII. my source said carries will be hard to come by this year but morris has blown away everyone. was told hes going to be a better walter reyes.

-assuming he doesnt show up on campus missing an arm, expect allen to be our starting qb

-best incoming recurit is corey cooper. however him getting qualified is going to be a stretch, ditto for estime. the person said because of the timing when marrone left, the staff had to start targeting kids other schools were backing off of. so theyre attempting to hit some homeruns with these hoping they qualify, but are assuming 1 or 2 wont.

-when I asked about AB, said his ankle has been an issue since he got here. like everyone knows the athletic gifts are there, but the ankle is hampering him, as well as some playbook knowledge.

-hickey is our best lineman this person said. theyre expecting him to be as good as pugh. so some major praise there.

-work should be starting around july on the indoor facility, and completed by the spring assuming all goes well.
A whole lot of bad nres but ,its still news.
\Thanks! As for Thompson,that was my first presumption.
Hopethe positive starts out numberingthe negatives.:p

Not shooting the messenger in any way, but if GMIII approximates Reyes, holy crap.

And if Thompson is approaching 270, I wonder if he has a future at LT [a la Andrew Dees, Mark Banewicz].

I think he'll be better than Reyes tbh.

I also think people are really sleeping on MacFarlane.

Great stuff !!

Love the nuggets !!

Thanks for sharing with us !!

You know, I keep coming back to this thread. On the Hickey note - glad to hear that he's doing so well and expected to be so good, but in my mind I already have it that Hickey's going to provide a certain amount of stability at tackle. The big question to me isn't if Hickey will be as good as Pugh, but if the other tackle (Foy probably) will be as good as Hickey was last year.

So right! That kid is going to get some touches this season as well.

I hope Sugar Bear can't get enough Super Golden Crisp, and by Super Golden Crisp, I mean tackling guys in the backfield.

3pal1o.jpg

One of his weaknesses in HS was blocking. A lot of the guys that move from TE to LT are good blocking TEs a la Kendall Moore.

i wonder if the IPF work is waiting to start after the june HS camps. still starting in July gives the 5-6 weeks before fall camp to get much of the prep work done. They things should have the shell go up quick.

heard that Estime has qualified, but not sure on Cooper. Don't have a legit linked source but have also talked to a local media guy.

That's a really tall order. I don't think many fully appreciate how great Reyes was, because of how his senior year ended [shoulder dislocation, him missing several games]. Had he played the season out, who knows where he would have ended up in the record books. He was knocking on the door as is.

My opinion only, but I think Reyes probably belongs in the top 10 of running backs in program history. That's some pretty unbelievable company.

Also my opinion only, but I believe that Reyes's chronic shoulder issue is the only thing that kept him from being a starting caliber NFL running back. He was really, really, really good. Its a shame that his injury prevented him from getting a shot. I seem to recall that he latched on as an undrafted free agent with Miami, but ended up being an offseason roster casualty because his shoulder rehab was slow and prevented him from being ready for training camp. Really too bad--kid was a special talent.

heard that Estime has qualified, but not sure on Cooper. Don't have a legit linked source but have also talked to a local media guy.

Florida finished a few weeks ago and according to his tweets and one from our OC Estime graduated. HS in Carolina isn't done yet..graduation isn't until June 7, at least in my area.

That's a really tall order. I don't think many fully appreciate how great Reyes was, because of how his senior year ended [shoulder dislocation, him missing several games]. Had he played the season out, who knows where he would have ended up in the record books. He was knocking on the door as is.

IMO, Reyes's chronic shoulder issue is the only thing that kept him from being a starting caliber NFL running back. He was really, really, really good.
Yep. Don't disagree with any of that. I just think Morris will turn out to be that good.

IMO, Reyes's chronic shoulder issue is the only thing that kept him from being a starting caliber NFL running back. He was really, really, really good.

Reyes was bonkers good. That game where he lit Notre Dame up in the Dome single-handedly kept P around for another year. While I hope GMIII is that good, it's a lot to expect from a kid that's never played a snap of D1 ball.

Florida finished a few weeks ago and according to his tweets and one from our OC Estime graduated. HS in Carolina isn't done yet..graduation isn't until June 7, at least in my area.

If that's true, Estime has the inside track on the PR job.

Unfortunately graduating doesn't mean he got a qualifying score on his SATs/ACTs.

EDIT: I don't know his situation don't read into this.

You know, I keep coming back to this thread. On the Hickey note - glad to hear that he's doing so well and expected to be so good, but in my mind I already have it that Hickey's going to provide a certain amount of stability at tackle. The big question to me isn't if Hickey will be as good as Pugh, but if the other tackle (Foy probably) will be as good as Hickey was last year.

Agreed. I am comfortable and confident in the offensive line besides Foy at RT. I have serious questions about his foot speed, arm length and overall agility to block speed rush ends. He must be more athletic than anyone else if he is playing tackle over 6'6 Robinson. I still think Knapp may have a shot when it is all said and done.

Hope Thompson is motivated to play D and his 20 is good weight, Could be a beast. Trejo, Robinson, Welsh, and Thompson is a good DE rotation. Simmons and MPB would have made it great.

Clappy, have heard anything regarding WRs? besides RT, WR and DE (less so now with Thompson) are my biggest concerns for 2013 squad. Is Funderbunk just disappointing? or does he need to be motivated...

Ryan Liechtenstein is off to Ohio U.

Agreed. I am comfortable and confident in the offensive line besides Foy at RT. I have serious questions about his foot speed, arm length and overall agility to block speed rush ends. He must be more athletic than anyone else if he is playing tackle over 6'6 Robinson. I still think Knapp may have a shot when it is all said and done.

Hope Thompson is motivated to play D and his 20 is good weight, Could be a beast. Trejo, Robinson, Welsh, and Thompson is a good DE rotation. Simmons and MPB would have made it great.

Clappy, have heard anything regarding WRs? besides RT, WR and DE (less so now with Thompson) are my biggest concerns for 2013 squad. Is Funderbunk just disappointing? or does he need to be motivated...
didnt hear really anything on the WR's..the only thing that was said about any of them was "jarrods a keeper" outside of that not a peep. so i dont know if that meant the rest werent anything great or if it just was a statement about jarrod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom