Local eats | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Local eats

Had a very good meal at Grotto in North Syracuse on route 11. Good choices on the menu, and was nicely priced.

Grotto

I really liked Cider Mill as well. Has a nice patio for good weather dining.

Dashers in the village of Homer is great as well.

Thank you to those who recommended The Preserve because I've went twice now and have been blown away both times

Last edited:
Things are looking up in Armory Square! Three new restaurant/bar openings announced in the past week. All three coming from folks that already own other establishments locally.

Things are looking up in Armory Square! Three new restaurant/bar openings announced in the past week. All three coming from folks that already own other establishments locally.

Agree, all three of these sound promising. I am especially excited about D Parker. Not sure Syracuse has ever had a true top notch steakhouse that what it sounds like the owners have planned.

I have been pining for a place like this for a long time.

Agree, all three of these sound promising. I am especially excited about D Parker. Not sure Syracuse has ever had a true top notch steakhouse that what it sounds like the owners have planned.

I have been pining for a place like this for a long time.

Daniella's and Prime are both good, but this seems a level above that. The closest is probably TS Steakhouse.

All good stuff! Now we just need the guy taking over the Blue Tusk spot to move his asz!! They are about 1.5 years past when the initial opening date was supposed to be. Such an eyesore having the best bar location on Walton Street covered in tarp.

All good stuff! Now we just need the guy taking over the Blue Tusk spot to move his asz!! They are about 1.5 years past when the initial opening date was supposed to be. Such an eyesore having the best bar location on Walton Street covered in tarp.
What’s going in the old Blue Tusk?

What’s going in the old Blue Tusk?
Supposedly another bar that maybe also specializes in bread or something like that? As long as I can drink outside in that spot next summer I am happy.

The one in Syracuse. Long story, but it’s not a chain…I believe he closed the one in Rochester.
Ah, OK. There's a Prime Steakhouse where I live in FL, and I assumed it was a chain. My bad.

It looks amazing. I also always loved the way The Mission looked. It’s an attractive space to start with.

It was fabulously funky as The Mission, soulless as Luna Loca, and now a nice mix between the two. Kind of generic, but it works aesthetically and it's a pleasant place to sit.