LOL - Gee Unleashed | Syracusefan.com

LOL - Gee Unleashed

And people doubt the animosity between the Big Ten and ND as message board stuff. It's real and it runs deep.

Catholics can't be trusted? They don't provide an exact quote for that. If that's what he really said, then this isn't much different than saying "____s" can't be trusted. (Fill in the blank with your own prejudice).

Catholics can't be trusted? They don't provide an exact quote for that. If that's what he really said, then this isn't much different than saying "_____" can't be trusted. (Fill in the blank with your own prejudice).
Mike Lindsley can't be trusted.

Gee is a flat out embarrassment as a school President. He should STHU, and I don't care for Notre Dame. Maybe Jim Tressel can "fire" him now, and he can schedule more Our Sisters of the Poor like Ohio State typically does for 3 out their 4 non-conference games.

Even those with the most power have their insecurities.

For Ohio State, it's ND and the SEC. Probably Texas too, but that hasn't come out yet.

A bit more from Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/gordon-gee-joked-that-catholics-cant-be-trusted-the-s-510490946

On how Buckeyes should respond to SEC fans who point out that the Big Ten, with 14 teams, struggles with math:
"You tell the SEC when they can learn to read and write, then they can figure out what we're doing."

The B1G is really good at alienating everyone else in college sports. They're largely a bunch of large state universities that stress research over teaching and have far too many classes taught by TA's and through impersonal lectures so large that they would make the University of Phoenix blush. I guess if we were one of the last ones picked (hey Rutgers!) I would be happy to have a B1G lifeline, but otherwise they and their entirely unwarranted elitist attitude can go to hell.

87_49.jpg

B1G columnist for the Chicago Tribune unloading
David Haugh@DavidHaugh
Big Ten deserves better than to have university presidents at Rutgers, Ohio State embarrass league this week. This passes for leadership?
David Haugh@DavidHaugh
If college coaches or ADs say wrong thing about officials they get fined. Same standard should apply to loose-cannon university presidents.

It's a joke, for crissakes. He's kidding. He is talking tongue in cheek.

We have become a nation populated with the hyper-sensitve laying in wait to bellow at any perceived sleight to anyone.

It's great for the morally-vain among us.

In DC a peron lost her job for calling a program's funding "niggardly" using the word exactly as it should be used.

Her sin was that she used a word that sounded like another word.

In November 2010, Gee boasted that Ohio State's football schedule didn't include teams on par with the "Little Sisters of the Poor." An apologetic Gee later sent a personal check to the real Little Sisters of the Poor in northwest Ohio and followed up with a visit to the nuns months later.
Last year, Gee apologized for comparing the problem of coordinating the school's many divisions to the Polish army, an off-the-cuff remark that a Polish-American group called a "slanderous" display of bigotry and ignorance.

Jeez, doesn't matter what you say you are bound to piss someone off. I hate living in a PC world.

We have become a nation populated with the hyper-sensitve laying in wait to bellow at any perceived sleight to anyone.

In DC a peron lost her job for calling a program's funding "niggardly" using the word exactly as it should be used.

Maybe.

But still, let me enjoy this pompous meddler's discomfort in the face of a national(?) firestorm for at least a day or two, okay? I consider this partial payback for Gee's conspiring with Delaney and Co. to pillage the ACC (The rest of the payback is Buttgers and the Maryland AD's office).

A bit more from Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/gordon-gee-joked-that-catholics-cant-be-trusted-the-s-510490946

On how Buckeyes should respond to SEC fans who point out that the Big Ten, with 14 teams, struggles with math:
"You tell the SEC when they can learn to read and write, then they can figure out what we're doing."

The B1G is really good at alienating everyone else in college sports. They're largely a bunch of large state universities that stress research over teaching and have far too many classes taught by TA's and through impersonal lectures so large that they would make the University of Phoenix blush. I guess if we were one of the last ones picked (hey Rutgers!) I would be happy to have a B1G lifeline, but otherwise they and their entirely unwarranted elitist attitude can go to hell.

Unfortunately, the ACC exercised that same snobby-arsed, academic elitist nonsense when they told WVU 'no thanks.'

The only thing I would say to B10 fans is that for a twit like Gee to criticise the ACC for inviting Louisville, I have one word for him...Nebraska. They sure as Hades are not some sort of great plains academic bellwether, but, the B10 invited them, anyway.

Even those with the most power have their insecurities.

For Ohio State, it's ND and the SEC. Probably Texas too, but that hasn't come out yet.

The B10 definitely have an inferiority complex towards the SEC, particularly in football. And, for OSU, especially. Florida and LSU humiliated them in '06 and '07, and, Alabama would've steamrolled them this past January, had they played. I'd enjoy seeing them crash and burn this upcoming season. Michigan, too, for that matter.

Yes, he's joking, and, he IS talking tongue-in-cheek, but, somebody in his position knows better than to utter stuff like that. Even in gest. Even if he believes it.

Maybe.

But still, let me enjoy this pompous meddler's discomfort in the face of a national(?) firestorm for at least a day or two, okay? I consider this partial payback for Gee's conspiring with Delaney and Co. to pillage the ACC (The rest of the payback is Buttgers and the Maryland AD's office).

That 'pillaging' was never going to happen. Do you really think that UNC or UVA were going to give up their positions of power within the ACC to serve as lapdogs for the likes of Ohio State or Michigan?

Uh, no.

Delany (and Gee) SERIOUSLY underestimated the Heels' and 'Hoos' committment to the survival of the ACC. Picking off Maryland was doing us a favor. They weren't happy in the ACC anymore. And, they won't be happy in the B10, either, after they get screwed out of a victory in FB or hoops against Michigan, OSU, MSU, or PSU. They will claim the B10 is trying to keep them down. And, we will all have a great laugh at their expense for it.

Nope. I never thought UNC or UVA would respond to Gee & Delaney's passionate whispers. I just don't like that they thought they COULD pillage the ACC. That sort of arrogance calls fo a public comeuppance.

While I'm not Catholic, plenty of my family is, and I can't wait to chat about this on Father's Day. The funniest part of it all is that it's coming from a UNIVERSITY president. LOL.

I think the more pressing problem in this case is that the world isn't ready for guys in bowties to be telling the jokes. I know I'm not.

Funny guys typically get away with telling them.

Unfortunately, the ACC exercised that same snobby-arsed, academic elitist nonsense when they told WVU 'no thanks.'

The only thing I would say to B10 fans is that for a twit like Gee to criticise the ACC for inviting Louisville, I have one word for him...Nebraska. They sure as Hades are not some sort of great plains academic bellwether, but, the B10 invited them, anyway.

Very true.

I think it's interesting how big fanboys brag about the CIC and research money when the vast majority of students are humanities and social science majors. And in that regard, I can't see how good the level of education can be when a university is churning out 10,000 undergraduates a year. But I'm biased against these mammoth schools because my high school, college and law school classes all graduated roughly 250 students.

I imagine that the level of education for the average student at an ACC school is better than the average education a student in the big 10 receives just on quality of instruction. And I've thought that about the ACC long before syracuse became a part of it.

Oh Lord

He's being called out for making these remarks at a meeting he knew was being recorded. In other words, he's getting lambasted just as much for sheer stupidity as for not being 'PC' at a meeting being recorded. Considering he's a President of a major US university, he should be ridiculed.

Cheers,
Neil

Look, truth is, everybody's stupid. It's that simple.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom