LOL right on Cue, Cuse Hater Dana O'Neil chimes in... | Syracusefan.com

LOL right on Cue, Cuse Hater Dana O'Neil chimes in...

The comments after the article are absolutely superb!

Comments... (From non-apparent SU fans)

"thanks TMZSPN"

"I agree with Dana's first two points - So what? It's probably only marijuana."

"I think we should just blame the US government for making weed illegal in the first place." - UK fan

Dana is not a Cuse hater. Her husband is an SU alum and die hard fan. Dana is still upset about the whole Joe Paterno thing and wants blood for others because that's what was taken from Joe PA and PSU.

She makes good points, but goes a little too far in implicating the entire SU community for what a very small group of players may or may not have done. She is still letting her anger over the PSU problems get the best of her.

Take the high-road, Dana. Don't be like Pat Forde, the attention whore that he is. Keep it about reporting facts and not the opinionated BS. You are better than that. Remember, you now despise some of your own colleagues for how they handled the PSU and Fine scandals. Don't be like them.

Pat Forde and his ilk are the problem with today's sports reporting. Creating and perpetuating stories that really aren't stories. It's a damn shame that the only people this is hurting are the kids on this year's team that had nothing to do with this investigation. Now they will have the same stigma because a couple of douchebag reporters decided they would garner some spotlight for themselves and report this "scandal" right before the NCAA tournament.

I for one hope our boys stomp ass through the next nine games and give a big YOU to the people who have tried to tear them down all season for things out of their control. And if the NCAA tries to screw around with an institutional control clause, I hope the school sues their asses for being inconsistent in how they meter out justice. The NCAA is about as much of a joke as the clowns who wrote this story.

Oh, and don't think for a second that someone from inside the NCAA wasn't the one who leaked this to Forde and his compadres. I find it ironic that SU reported this months ago to the NCAA and then all of a sudden Pat Forde gets wind that something is going on. The NCAA is as crooked as they come.

The NCAA is like the parent who buys their kids beer and then grounds them when they get drunk and puke in the living room.

The only good thing about this story is that there's starting to be some evidence that the public at large is on to the agenda driven media and aren't buying in this case.

The only good thing about this story is that there's starting to be some evidence that the public at large is on to the agenda driven media and aren't buying in this case.
Even UConn fans think it's BS, and that's saying something.

Dana O'Neil's husband is NOT an SU alum. He is an athletic trainer at Princeton University and according to his online bio he did his undergrad at Brockport and his master's at Ohio State.

However, he is her second husband. I have no idea where her first husband went to school so perhaps her ex is an SU grad.

Dana O'Neil's husband is NOT an SU alum. He is an athletic trainer at Princeton University and according to his online bio he did his undergrad at Brockport and his master's at Ohio State.

However, he is her second husband. I have no idea where her first husband went to school so perhaps her ex is an SU grad.

Uh oh...so the EX is the SU grad. That explains everything. :cool:

In reality there is only one reason for Dana's article and the onus falls directly on 'Cuse. And infact, plagues other institutions, corporations, and the boy scouts too...but not KY. Ever wonder how this works...its quite SIMPLE!
Whenever a policy and/or process is in writing it becomes a rule...something to follow. If you do not want to have to follow the rule, then do not write the policy down and make it look like a rule/law. Believe the 'Cuse policy was drugs...care to define what drugs is defined as. Was recreational drugs included by specific name or was it left to the definition of reporters, students, etc.
It would be interesting to find out how many other schools have a drug policy with steps to be taken that include ineligibility of play time.
On this one, even though I cannot fathom why 'Cuse is getting so much attention (and for another example PSU seems to be skating on Sandusky vs. media on Fine); 'Cuse brought it on itself...time to either erase the rule/process and/or change it-- but to keep it leaves 'Cuse open to all sorts of analysis.

PSU definitely did not "skate" compared to Syracuse. You'd have to be a nut with double layer orange goggles to think that.

You'd think Jimmy B. knocked over the bong on her living room carpet.

Apparently Dana is attempting to bolster her reputation as the Nancy Grace of sports jouralists.

Personally, if the rule isn't put in place by the NCAA and evenly enforced, then it shouldn't be punishable -- that's my take. I hope the Cuse goes on record and drops this rule on the basis that all d1 schools aren't required to have this. It will send a message to the blood thirsty reporters.

PSU definitely did not "skate" compared to Syracuse. You'd have to be a nut with double layer orange goggles to think that.
...and when was the last time you saw a Sandusky article on ESPN...or in a national newspaper...if you find one or two in last month please pass on to me...thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom