LOL the new Big East | Syracusefan.com

LOL the new Big East

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Gtown with two losses already, Marquette on of the premier teams has been rocked twice including an absolute drubbing by Ohio State and Seton Hall just lost 321st ranked Farleigh Dickinson. Ugly......

'Nova is doing really well. Butler's only lost to #5 Oklahoma State. Providence has only lost to Maryland, they play Kentucky tonight. Marquette played pooly against Ohio State, it was similar to SU's Georgetown game last year in DC.

Regular season hoops means next to nothing. A team can not win a single game all season, but win the national championship.

Gtown with two losses already, Marquette on of the premier teams has been rocked twice including an absolute drubbing by Ohio State and Seton Hall just lost 321st ranked Farleigh Dickinson. Ugly......

You conveniently left out Villanova's wins over #2 Kansas and #23 Iowa while capturing the Battle 4 Atlantis championship

FDU is now the King of NJ - having beaten Rutgers (no big deal - Jeremy and I could beat Rutgers with 3 chairs) and Seton Hall. Is Princeton on the schedule?
There is no way you and jeremy could beat Rutgers with three chairs. If they pressed you would need at least one other option to get the ball in bounds. Foolish

I personally have nothing but love for the current Big East (minus G'town). We owe some of our emergence from regional to national power in the early 80s to being in a conference with those schools. I can't bring myself to hate on them.

I personally have nothing but love for the current Big East (minus G'town). We owe some of our emergence from regional to national power in the early 80s to being in a conference with those schools. I can't bring myself to hate on them.

Certainly not trying to hate on them but in there first year as a bball only school there not exactly off to a great start.

You conveniently left out Villanova's wins over #2 Kansas and #23 Iowa while capturing the Battle 4 Atlantis championship

You are correct on Nova, they look by far to be the best team in the BE. Surprising they look this good as they lost a couple seniors off last years team.

Certainly not trying to hate on them but in there first year as a bball only school there not exactly off to a great start.

True - but you have to look at them as if they're a higher end mid-major (e.g. the Horizon League or Conference USA), and thru that lens they're pretty solid. Nova is going to vault into the Top 25 this week, Butler and Creighton are very solid, and don't be shocked to see a good Providence team give Kentucky a game tonight.

True - but you have to look at them as if they're a higher end mid-major (e.g. the Horizon League or Conference USA), and thru that lens they're pretty solid. Nova is going to vault into the Top 25 this week, Butler and Creighton are very solid, and don't be shocked to see a good Providence team give Kentucky a game tonight.
Providence is solid this year.

True - but you have to look at them as if they're a higher end mid-major (e.g. the Horizon League or Conference USA), and thru that lens they're pretty solid. Nova is going to vault into the Top 25 this week, Butler and Creighton are very solid, and don't be shocked to see a solid Providence team give Kentucky a game tonight.

Agree on Providence and Nova, I thought Providence was a decent team last year. Cooley had them set up for a monster 2014 class but they lost out on three top guys late. Still there a good team for sure. Not as high on Butler or Creighton but they do have some good teams for sure. I was looking at them more from a power conference perspective which many of the fans of the BE think they are. There best team might be St.johns but Lavin is suspect to say the least.

Agree on Providence and Nova, I thought Providence was a decent team last year. Cooley had them set up for a monster 2014 class but they lost out on three top guys late. Still there a good team for sure. Not as high on Butler or Creighton but they do have some good teams for sure. I was looking at them more from a power conference perspective which many of the fans of the BE think they are. There best team might be St.johns but Lavin is suspect to say the least.

I just used the word "solid" in three consecutive sentences. I'll tell you what's not solid, my use of adjectives.

As of this morning, the Big East would have 3 teams clearly in the tournament (Villanova, Georgetown, Creighton) and 4 teams on the bubble (Providence, Butler, Marquette, Xavier). Assume one of them gets in. Not a bad haul for a 10 team conference.

Quick as of projections are fairly easy to do, Use the following site.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html

It essentially takes what you have done to date (via your Sagarin Rating) and converts it to your full schedule. Its not without faults, but a very simple tool for quick assessments for where you are tracking based on how you have played to date.

The Big East is also tracking to be #3 in conference RPI, behind the B10 and B12.

It will do OK for itself, although they may well have no top 4 seeds.

As of this morning, the Big East would have 3 teams clearly in the tournament (Villanova, Georgetown, Creighton) and 4 teams on the bubble (Providence, Butler, Marquette, Xavier). Assume one of them gets in. Not a bad haul for a 10 team conference.

Quick as of projections are fairly easy to do, Use the following site.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/index2.html

It essentially takes what you have done to date (via your Sagarin Rating) and converts it to your full schedule. Its not without faults, but a very simple tool for quick assessments for where you are tracking based on how you have played to date.
35% probability of a win over Fl St? Oh Lord

I never get this thought process! The post really doesn't make sense to me. The
ACC has 8 or 9 teams with 2-4 loses and is ranked 6th in the RPI, the Big East has 5 teams with 2 loses but is ranked 3rd in the RPI.

Not to be negative but the ACC isn't exactly setting the world on fire either with some pretty bad losses. The ACC so far seems very top heavy.