Lol... | Syracusefan.com

Lol...

Jake

Mod
I've been off line all day. Just logged on and read the thread below.

Quite the shitstorm for some of you.

Lesson for you Jake, dont leave us unattended for this long again. goes down!

I'm surely not the most popular person around here due to some very critical BBall posts & sometimes idiotic rants of which I apoligize for. However when I read on the payboard debate thread that you were being flamed for sharing your info, I almost shat myself. The people who did anything other than bust your balls must feel immature and embarrassed. If they don't apologize and they dont feel stupid, I'd say they aren't the kind of fans we want representing our school, town, team and especially this message board. Thanks for sharing what you have over the years and for trying to keep me in line.

Yep. The posters like Jake, cto, Francis, etc. etc. are what make this forum great.

I would have to agree. I still believe Jake was right with his predictions the whole time. That is the nature of recruiting in today's world of handler$, booster$, and a guy we know as PayPal Cal. This was definitely the shenanigans he was referring to in his one post.

I for one appreciate all the insight you have given us on this board. Don't change a thing.

Looks more like temper tantrums to me. Reminds me of the Iashaq recruiting in football. Inside info in recruiting is fluid at best and if people don't hear what they want they throw a fit and attack poster. To me the pay side just brings together a lot of the old school posters and I would pay for that, not that there isn't some great newer posters but I think people see it as a membership fee and I am fine with that.

I agree, I come here for the updates given to us from Jake, Francis, Bees...and all those other posters. If you're going to bitc* about someone's sources, maybe you should go get your own source.

That's all I have to say about that!!!

It certainly is fun being Orange and hearing from others with the same fascination...go 'Cuse. However, until many of us can meet the standards that Jake, Francis, Bees, CTO, and Orangeyes have insofar as "sources" lets not pretend that one or more led us astray regardless of topic.
Importantly, you all that have a "gripe" should remember Jake had 'Cuse out of the NN recruitment earlier than most falling to 50%-50% and then gave us the heads-up that he hadnt gotten the positive word. Fact that KY won rather than GT who the f..ks really cares. In fact, if most of you reflect on it...we hate (maybe too strong a word) GT more than anyone else.
Chill everyone and let's remember, all of us are Orange and the best we get from Jake, Francis, Bees, CTO and Orangeyes is pretty damn good information and insight. Keep the board what it is...fun, debate, and sometimes information and facts that is meaningful.

I'm only here for the info that Jake, Francis, Bees, CTO and Orangeyes are kind enough to share with us.....And to laugh at Bjorn...And occasionally make fun of Igor.

I'm surely not the most popular person around here due to some very critical BBall posts & sometimes idiotic rants of which I apoligize for. However when I read on the payboard debate thread that you were being flamed for sharing your info, I almost shat myself. The people who did anything other than bust your balls must feel immature and embarrassed. If they don't apologize and they dont feel stupid, I'd say they aren't the kind of fans we want representing our school, town, team and especially this message board. Thanks for sharing what you have over the years and for trying to keep me in line.

All they did was out themselves as riff raf from Syracuse.com. Anyone who has been around this block can tell you that Jake is the shite when it comes to his information. It's always solid. I, for one, am glad it's free now, too. :)

All the Syracuse.com stowaways should get ready because we're about to sweep the ship. Conscriptions and shackles will be distributed.

We all just assumed you were drowning in chocolate bars and ice cream from the depression you were put in by meany posters.

Jake is...
but still think a point should be made that nobody knows everything...

Were the insiders right on Fab Melo?
I don't believe anyone said he was going to Syracuse ...

I remember having the we won't go more then 8 deep two years ago. . We ran 9 and 10 for lots of this year and last.
Alot of people thought Dion was gone based on insider information. He came back to be a stud for us.

There are others ones I could go with. examples. Few to none though Rak would be the pleaseant surprise at center ending the season. Alot of people thought Triche was better with the ball the fact is his penetration was been better as a off guard receiving a quick pass to end the season.

There was a lot of trashy posts on Noel even before he made his decision.
Not saying it matters but that could cause a recruit who had planned to choose us to change his decision in the future at the last moment.
I am not saying 50 50 I am saying like 5 to 95% had faith when the espn show started.
When it should have been 95% still having hope instead of 5.

Just saying listening to a insider or what JB says is only half the work. Our job is to hope for the best reguardless of what negative info is put out.
Not to sound smart in the eyes of the board. Its like yelling at the refs all year so you don't get murdered by them.
I don't think I could go a game the second half of the season without yelling at them. They did it to us evey freaking game the second half of the year until the 42 foul shots may have cost us against OSU despite our not so good play.

Always believe for the best possible scenerio. Thats the way winners get ahead pulling strings not by kissing up. :cool:
Thats how Dion Waiters got ahead. He worked his butt off on his physique and game. It sounded like alot of coaches weren't even following him. Same with Scoop a few years back. JB was pleasently surprised when he finally showed up at the start of the season.

I do love the insiders though. Its nice to get some foundation and someone has to get the good news out there early. But basketball is a surprise. Nobody thought the 09-10 team was headed anywhere but the NIT early on. People thought UNC would hand it to everyone last year, sure enough it was UK that was THAT much better.

I've been off line all day. Just logged on and read the thread below.

Quite the shitstorm for some of you.

I think you and Albanycuse are misunderstood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom