Long have I dreaded this matchup of hero vs bff | Syracusefan.com

Long have I dreaded this matchup of hero vs bff

Millhouse

Living Legend
This is like Sophie's Choice for me. I'm so grateful to Jim Boeheim for the fun he's given me my whole life. I can't imagine how fun that must've been for the Boeheim family. On the other hand, we have my good friend, the life of the party, Huggie Boo Boo. I think I need a split shirt made, stat.

This is like Sophie's Choice for me. I'm so grateful to Jim Boeheim for the fun he's given me my whole life. I can't imagine how fun that must've been for the Boeheim family. On the other hand, we have my good friend, the life of the party, Huggie Boo Boo. I think I need a split shirt made, stat.
Was it you who told Huggieboo that Boeheim's name is pronounced Bay-Hyme and not Bow-Hyme?
(I remember)

No, I wouldn't be that rude.
Of course, looking back I could be wrong, but my impression back then was that Huggins was being quite rude to Boeheim--intentionally mispronouncing his name--given that he could not possibly have prepared for facing him, watching game film, without hearing it pronounced correctly by game announcers repeatedly.:rolleyes:

Of course, looking back I could be wrong, but my impression back then was that Huggins was being quite rude to Boeheim--intentionally mispronouncing his name--given that he could not possibly have prepared for facing him, watching game film, without hearing it pronounced correctly by game announcers repeatedly.:rolleyes:
I don't think Huggy would be intentionally rude to JB in any setting. By the way, I was at Syracuse when Huggy played for West Virginia. We hated him then.

Huggy's going to be singing, " Take Me Country Roads", after Boeheim takes him to the woodshed. Again.

I don't think Huggy would be intentionally rude to JB in any setting. By the way, I was at Syracuse when Huggy played for West Virginia. We hated him then.
Well yeah, I've seen Huggins speak very respectfully re: Boeheim many times since that first impression, but I definitely got the impression back then that he was quite the insolent (& yes successful) young coach who needed to be shown by 'Boheim' which side is up...

Well yeah, I've seen Huggins speak very respectfully re: Boeheim many times since that first impression, but I definitely got the impression back then that he was quite the insolent (& yes successful) young coach who needed to be shown by 'Boheim' which side is up...
I met Huggins when I used to work at WVU. He always seemed like a great guy, his players said he treats them well, and he and his staff worked closely with the academic side for the players which is how I met them. As far as I could tell, he runs their program the way a college program should be run.

Huggins is looking like a stud with the beard. This will be a tough game

I don't remember my kids' middle names, but for some twisted reason I remember the "Millhouse got cockblocked by Huggy in a bar in Crapchester in the 90s" story.

I have no life. But I have also spoken, no pants.

I don't remember my kids' middle names, but for some twisted reason I remember the "Millhouse got cockblocked by Huggy in a bar in Crapchester in the 90s" story.

I would love to hear that story

A classic. Tell it again, P!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom